University of Washington School of Public Health
Manager Environmental Health & Safety - Lamb Weston
Closing Date: November 26, 2017
Posted: October 26, 2017
Manages plant Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S) programs to ensure operations minimize the impact upon the environment and provide a safe and accident-free work environment. Responsible for leading and supporting the development of and implementation of a facility-wide EHS culture through technical support, program development and relationship building. Implements safety key concepts to provide the road map to zero injuries and world class performance.Skills/Eligibility:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year university in Industrial Hygiene, Safety Management, Environmental Health or Environmental Health and Safety preferred
- Five years industrial safety experience and a CSP certification preferred
- Strong PC skills (Microsoft Office applications) Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience building and leading teams Thorough understanding of OSHA and EPA
- Ability to interpret State and Federal regulations and applicability to facility to ensure compliance
- Ability to write regulatory reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Experience performing risk assessments and audits
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.