University of Washington School of Public Health
Nurse Practitioner--School Based Health Center - One Community Health
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: November 1, 2017
Looking for a life-changing career opportunity in the beautiful Columbia River Gorge? Whether you’re just starting out or are an experienced nurse practitioner, you’re invited to explore what’s unique about One Community Health.
Our award-winning nonprofit organization takes an integrated approach to its medical, dental and behavioral health care. For 30+ years, we’ve served the people in our region through quality health care services and regional outreach.
As part of our mission to advance health and social justice for all members of our community, we are growing! We’re seeking talented, passionate nurse practitioners to work in our school-based health center, located in Hood River High School. An NP degree from an accredited program is required, along with existing or pending licensure in Oregon. You will be functioning independently much of the time, and so we strongly prefer at least a few years of experience as an NP, along with professional service to adolescents.
Enjoy the advantages of working with us! At One Community Health, you can:
- Join a team of people who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of others.
- Care for a diverse patient audience.
- Use/improve upon your Spanish-speaking skills (not required but, for some, a perk!).
- Enjoy flexibility and balance, working full time during the school year with summers off.
- Receive a competitive salary, excellent benefits and student loan repayment opportunities.
- Grow professionally.
- Receive a significant sign-on bonus and moving allowance.
- Serve, stay and play in the breathtaking Columbia River Gorge.
Note: This position is full-time while school is in session only and is not funded during school vacations.