University of Washington School of Public Health
Epidemiology Analyst - Los Angeles County Department of Public Health Acute Communicable Disease Control Program
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: November 7, 2017
Information: The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, Acute Communicable Disease Control Program (ACDC), Automated Disease Surveillance Section (ADSS) is conducting a search for a highly motivated and detail oriented epidemiology analyst. The ACDC Program is responsible for infectious disease surveillance and outbreak investigations. This position will integrate disease surveillance and syndromic surveillance in an overall early event detection system and provide ongoing analysis and assessment for disease outbreaks.
Essential job functions:
Assists in maintenance and upgrades of several large live databases within the syndromic surveillance system; participates in surveillance team rotation to generate daily reports; provides data driven assessments of emerging or ongoing health events by performing queries and analyzing pertinent data collected by syndromic surveillance systems.
- Experience in designing SAS reports which display a variety of complex data analysis results.
- Experience in or strong desire to learn complex SAS data processing and optimization skills.
- Experience in building, maintaining and deduplicating large live databases using SAS from raw data.
- Experience in creating maps and other graphical illustrations of disease incidence.
- Experience in developing data collection reporting procedures based on epidemiologic assessments.
A Master’s degree from an accredited college with specialization in Epidemiology or Biostatistics. See epidemiologist analyst job bulletin for further details in the link below.
How to Apply:
Apply directly online for Epidemiologist Analyst:
Candidates may email Emily Kajita (email@example.com) with questions regarding this position.