University of Washington School of Public Health
Graduation Celebration 2017
Sunday, June 11, 2017
Ceremony at Alaska Airlines Arena
Reception following the ceremony at the Concourse
Open to the public. No tickets required.
Come join the UW School of Public Health as we celebrate the achievements of our graduating Class of 2017! We will honor undergraduate and graduate students receiving degrees at the School-wide ceremony, followed by a reception with light refreshments.
2017 Graduation Speaker:
Dr. Natalia Kanem
Natalia Kanem, assistant secretary-general of the United Nations and deputy executive director of the UN Population Fund, will speak at the UW School of Public Health’s graduation celebration.
For more than three decades, Kanem has worked to improve the health and education of women and children worldwide. She began as a student of medicine and public health before boldly forging an international philanthropic path. Now, as the deputy head of a leading UN agency, she works to expand the possibilities for millions of women and children to lead healthy and productive lives. Read More
- When and where are this year's events?
- Is this the official University of Washington Commencement Ceremony?
- Who is invited? / Ticket info
- Who will be recognized as a graduate?
- Am I supposed to wear a cap and gown?
- Will there be food and drink?
- How do I get there? Where do I park?
- Will accommodations be provided for persons with disabilities?
The 2017 SPH Graduation Celebration ceremony will take place at the Hec Edmundson Pavilion (Alaska Airlines Arena) on June 11, 2017, with a Schoolwide reception immediately following in the Concourse.
No. UW Commencement is on Saturday, June 10th. Please view the UW Commencement website for more information.
All students, faculty, staff, family and friends of the graduates are encouraged to join us.
Tickets are not required for this event.
These events will honor all graduates and soon-to-be graduates (those who graduate Autumn 2016 through Summer 2017), from bachelor to doctoral degrees.
Yes! For this year’s celebration, at the request of students, wearing a cap and gown is strongly recommended. Information on ordering gowns
Yes! Cake and coffee will be provided at the reception in the Don James Center (near Husky Stadium) following the ceremony.
Getting to the Hec Edmundson Pavilion:
Walking from Campus
Walk NE along Stevens Way, turn right on Snohomish Lane and go over the overpass.
Walking Map (pdf)
Regular Metro Transit service
Metro routes 43, 44, 48, 65, 75 and 271 will provide service to or near Husky Stadium via their regular routes. There may be schedule delays due to traffic.
From I-5 Going North or South:
1. Follow the signs to Seattle
2. Take Hwy 520 exit toward Bellevue-Kirkland.
3. Travel 1/4 mile and take the Montlake Boulevard exit.
4. At the end of the off ramp there is a stop light at Montlake Boulevard. Turn left.
5. Travel across the Montlake bridge. You will see Hec Ed Pavilion on the right.
6. To access the E-10 or E-11 parking lots, turn right into the main stadium lot.
7. To access the C-21 parking lot (underground garage), turn left onto Pacific and make your first right. The garage is on your left.
8. To access the N-24 parking lot, continue on Montlake past Hec Ed. Go 1/2 mile to the visitor's entrance on your left. Follow the directional sign.
From Highway 405 Going North or South:
1. From Hwy 405 take the Freeway 520 exit toward Seattle. This leads you onto the Evergreen Point Floating Bridge heading West.
2. Once across the bridge, take the Montlake Boulevard Exit. Turn Right.
3. Travel across the Montlake bridge. You will see Hec Ed Pavilion on the right.
4. To access the E-10 or E-11 parking lots, turn right into the main stadium lot.
5. To access the C-21 parking lot (underground garage), turn left onto Pacific and make your first right. The garage is on your left.
6. To access the N-24 parking lot, continue on Montlake past Hec Ed. Go 1/2 mile to the visitor's entrance on your left. Follow the directional sign.
Parking on Campus:
Students will need to pre-purchase parking permits ($14.00) from Office of Ceremonies for guests wishing to park on campus. Day-of-event parking permits will be $15.
Yes! Hec Edmundson Pavilion and Don James Center are wheelchair accessible and we will have a seating area for those needing special assistance or accommodations. Please contact the Office of Student Affairs at sphOSA@uw.edu for further information. We are happy to help!
Return to top