University of Washington School of Public Health
Graduation Celebration 2019
Sunday, June 16, 2019
Doors open to the public at 10:30 am
11:00 am, Ceremony at Alaska Airlines Arena
Graduating students should arrive with their caps and gowns
or hoods for check-in at 10:00 am.
Regalia for faculty is recommended but not required.
Open to the public. No tickets required.
Come join the UW School of Public Health as we celebrate the achievements of our graduating Class of 2019! We will honor undergraduate and graduate students receiving degrees at the School-wide ceremony, followed by a reception with light refreshments.
2019 Graduation Speaker:
Distinguished alumnus Rogelio Riojas (MHA, 1977) has been chosen as speaker for this year's SPH graduation celebration.
Riojas, a UW Regent and the 2016 SPH Distinguished Alumnus, is founder and executive director of Sea Mar Community Health Centers. He has devoted his career to expanding access to quality and affordable health care, as well as increasing opportunities for jobs and education.
- When and where are this year's events?
- Is this the official University of Washington Commencement Ceremony?
- Who is invited? / Ticket info
- Who will be recognized as a graduate?
- Am I required to RSVP?
- Am I supposed to wear a cap and gown?
- Will there be food and drink?
- How do I get there? Where do I park?
- Will accommodations be provided for persons with disabilities?
The 2019 SPH Graduation Celebration ceremony will take place at the Hec Edmundson Pavilion (Alaska Airlines Arena) on June 16, 2019, with a School-wide reception immediately following in the Concourse.
No. UW Commencement is on Saturday, June 15th. Please view the UW Commencement website for more information.
All students, faculty, staff, family and friends of the graduates are encouraged to join us.
Tickets are not required for this event.
These events will honor all graduates and soon-to-be graduates (those who graduate Autumn 2018 through Summer 2019), from bachelor to doctoral degrees.
All students and faculty attending the SPH Graduation Celebration must RSVP.
For this year's celebration, at the request of students, wearing a cap and gown is recommended but not required. Information on ordering
Yes! Cake and coffee will be provided at the reception in the Concourse at Hec Edmundson Pavilion following the ceremony.
Getting to the Hec Edmundson Pavilion:
Walking from Campus
Walk NE along Stevens Way, turn right on Snohomish Lane and go over the overpass.
Walking Map (pdf)
Regular Metro Transit service
Metro routes 43, 44, 48, 65, 75 and 271 will provide service to or near Husky Stadium via their regular routes. There may be schedule delays due to traffic.
From I-5 Going North or South:
1. Follow the signs to Seattle
2. Take Hwy 520 exit toward Bellevue-Kirkland.
3. Travel 1/4 mile and take the Montlake Boulevard exit.
4. At the end of the off ramp there is a stop light at Montlake Boulevard. Turn left.
5. Travel across the Montlake bridge. You will see Hec Ed Pavilion on the right.
6. To access the E-10 or E-11 parking lots, turn right into the main stadium lot.
7. To access the C-21 parking lot (underground garage), turn left onto Pacific and make your first right. The garage is on your left.
8. To access the N-24 parking lot, continue on Montlake past Hec Ed. Go 1/2 mile to the visitor's entrance on your left. Follow the directional sign.
From Highway 405 Going North or South:
1. From Hwy 405 take the Freeway 520 exit toward Seattle. This leads you onto the Evergreen Point Floating Bridge heading West.
2. Once across the bridge, take the Montlake Boulevard Exit. Turn Right.
3. Travel across the Montlake bridge. You will see Hec Ed Pavilion on the right.
4. To access the E-10 or E-11 parking lots, turn right into the main stadium lot.
5. To access the C-21 parking lot (underground garage), turn left onto Pacific and make your first right. The garage is on your left.
6. To access the N-24 parking lot, continue on Montlake past Hec Ed. Go 1/2 mile to the visitor's entrance on your left. Follow the directional sign.
Parking on Campus:
Yes! Hec Edmundson Pavilion and Concourse are wheelchair accessible and we will have a seating area for those needing special assistance or accommodations. Please contact the Office of Student Affairs at email@example.com for further information. We are happy to help!
Return to top