University of Washington School of Public Health
Staff Scientist, Biostatistics - Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: March 22, 2017
The Staff Scientist will contribute to the MTN research agenda through independent and collaborative research resulting in presentations and publications.
- Contribute to microbicides science through independent and collaborative research resulting in presentations and publications.
- Provide statistical leadership in protocol development, monitoring and reporting.
- Mentor masters-level statisticians as necessary.
- Contribute to preparation of new grant requests and annual progress reports.
- Maintain current knowledge of and contribute to advancements in the HIV microbicide research field through participation in professional organizations, scientific conferences, reading industry journals, and publication of manuscripts.
- Perform other tasks as required.
A successful candidate will have a Ph.D. in biostatistics, epidemiology, or applied statistics. Experience working with geographically diverse collaborative groups within a clinical research environment desired
Prior knowledge of immunology, infectious diseases (e.g. polio, TB, HIV, etc.), and vaccine research would be a plus. The ideal candidate will have experience in both early- and late-phase clinical trials, and/or broad statistical methodological experience.
How to Apply:
Click here to apply.