University of Washington School of Public Health
Project Manager II - Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: May 1, 2017
This position’s responsibilities include traditional project management of an assigned project, project advising for operational staff and or project coordination / administrative activities in support of a multi workstream effort. The PM will collaborate with process owners, technology owners, and stakeholders to identify project scope, goals, deliverables, and success criteria. The PM will create and oversee multidisciplinary project teams comprised of operational staff, affiliates, and vendors. They are responsible for ensuring the project timeline, budget, scope, and quality objectives are achieved as well as appropriate project management methodology applied.
In this role you will:
- Own, drive, and facilitate core business processes for the organization in Infusion, Imaging, Procedure Suite and Pharmacy, such as contribute to operational planning, team and senior executive goal process development including defining the rhythm for the business, identifying and teeing up the right agenda, program visibility, metrics, targets and tracking, actions and follow-up, etc.
- Drive the process for creation and reporting of business operations goals, metrics, and dashboard for the Director with the intent of identifying and driving towards operational excellence and continuous scientific improvement for all aspects of the business.
- Contribute to developing and driving priority operational initiatives for the portfolio
- Build highly integrated trust relationships and engage with and be the cross-team liaison with Finance, HR and Recruiting, Research, Strategy, and other Operational teams, etc.
- Functions as a cross-departmental leader to ensure alignment in the execution of the organizational strategy
- Oversees and manages a wide variety of highly prioritized projects, as well as completes ad-hoc projects, requests, and analysis for a variety of operational related requests
- Collaborates with administrative and executive team to plan and lead internal meetings, all hands and operational initiatives
- Provides organizational support, helping to ensure action items, deadlines, and deliverables are completed within deadlines
- Acts as primary liaison and communicator for internal initiatives
- Provides counsel and support to executives for external engagements
- Provides information and advice regarding key strategic issues
- Advises on confidential projects involving sensitive business and financial information
- Uses facilitation and process improvement skillset to resolve critical issues throughout the organization
- Fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the organization
- All other duties in support of the mission of the organization
Plan, coordinate and implement projects as assigned by the manager.
- Developing the Project Charter
- Defining project goals, deliverables and scope
- Defining project requirements
- Defining milestones and associated timeline
- Identifying project risks, and developing mitigation plans
- Tracking and creatively resolve issues that relate to the project
- Maintain project documentation
- Work successfully with multidisciplinary project teams. This involves interacting with many different levels of staff, alliance partners and affiliated organizations and working with resource managers to obtain resource assignments.
- Work with team members to obtain quality project deliverables.
- Exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views; give and welcome feedback.
- Effectively use written and oral communication skills. This includes meeting facilitation; the efficient use of e-mail; creation of clear, concise project documents and presentations.
- Manage requests for changes to scope, schedule, and budget according to defined project change control procedures.
- Develop and execute project communication plan.
- Provide appropriate status updates to sponsors and stakeholders.
Prioritization and Time Management
- Work with department manager to assess and prioritize project workload based on organizational and departmental goals.
- Delegate work assignments appropriately.
- Set expectations and monitor delegated activities.
- Successfully manage multiple projects in varied environments and adapt to different project needs, constraints and barriers.
Technology and Methodology Skills
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills in Project Management Methodologies.
- Stays knowledgeable in applicable areas of expertise i.e.; Information Technology, Business Process Improvement Methodologies, Clinical Applications, etc.
- Effectively influence actions and opinions of others.
- Scheduling meetings, conferences and seminars
- Composing memos, reports and minutes
- Maintain project risk/issue logs
- Creating/updating project plans in MS Project and or PPM tool
- Creating/updating Visio workflow diagrams
- Creation and maintenance of project workspaces in SharePoint
- Work with Project Managers/Leads to track and collect deliverables throughout the project lifecycle.
- Production of custom and recurring reports.
- Perform other project responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to communicate at an executive level
- Ability to scale from strategic and tactical quickly, to help guide programs at all levels in the company
- Ability to effectively manage and engage employees with a wide range of skills and experiences
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills, team orientated philosophy, and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments at any given time while maintaining commitment to deadlines
- Highest level of integrity and discretion
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Strong ability to coach and develop staff
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and resolve conflict
- Proven success in organization development and growth
- High level of professional maturity and integrity and a solid work ethic
- Possess high analytical skills, be able to see patterns, be a fast thinker and a good decision maker
- Discrete and Professional Conduct
- Outgoing and Approachable Personality
- 5+ years of work experience in business operations program management, ideally in a fast-paced, rapidly growing and changing organization
- 5+ years of cross-functional experience working alongside and influencing senior leadership teams
- Bachelor’s degree
- Manufacturing background from highly mature change-management organizations experienced in process improvement (Toyota Production System / LEAN management systems)
- 5+ years of healthcare experience in business operations program management, ideally in a fast-paced, rapidly growing and changing organization
- PM Certification
- Master degree and/or doctorate (Nursing, MHA, MBA, MPA, JD, MD, PhD, Engineering)
- Passion for being hands-on and diving into the details and creative problem-solving
- Organization, planning, and business skills alongside strategic thinking ability
- Demonstrated product, program and project management skills and technical aptitude
- Ability to communicate compellingly in writing coupled with ability to present to all levels within the enterprise
- Action-oriented with the ability to set and prioritize one’s work and drive team progress in key areas by being proactive, detail oriented, and a team player
- Keen understanding for how to deliver excellent results within a talented team, as well as being able to drive change across other organizations and partners
- Ability to innovate while maintaining a focus on the patient, customer and quality
- High accountability, keen business acumen, extraordinary emotional and relationship IQ
- Pro-active and disruptive innovation and solution forming mentality and philosophy