University of Washington School of Public Health
Research Assistant, Health Policy - AcademyHealth
Closing Date: October 31, 2017
Posted: September 13, 2017
AcademyHealth, the professional home and leading national organization for health services researchers, policymakers, and health care practitioners and stakeholders, is currently seeking a Research Assistant to provide substantive and administrative support to several initiatives.
The Research Assistant will help to conduct literature reviews and portfolio analyses, summarize findings in a variety of products (e.g., reports, issue briefs), help coordinate meetings and communications, and generally support programmatic efforts for various teams.
The ideal candidate is motivated, curious, highly organized, flexible, a strong writer and eager to take on new challenges. Early career professionals with less than two years of experience in a health care policy or research setting are encouraged to apply.
- Conduct and summarize library and Internet research.
- Assist in the synthesis of information and development of, reports, issue briefs and other written products.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with various stakeholders.
- Maintain and update project Web sites, online tools, and databases.
- Draft articles for online newsletters, blogs, and other Web content.
- Create and format tables, charts, presentations and other graphics.
- Provide administrative support including, scheduling meetings and conference calls, helping invited speakers and experts with travel and logistics, creating, updating, and maintaining organized files and records, and other related tasks.
- Provide logistical support for workshops, conferences, and Web conferences, including preparation and dissemination of materials, note taking at meetings, and development of meeting summaries.
- Conduct other administrative and research activities in support of AcademyHealth projects.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university required.
- 1 - 2 years of relevant work experience preferably in a health care policy or research setting.
- Professional interest in health policy, public policy, public health, or other health care issues.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain a system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects.
- Experience with balancing and supporting the administrative needs of multiple individuals.
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills.
- Mature, detail-oriented individual able to work both independently and in teams.
- Demonstrated experience using the Word suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The salary range is $41,000- $43,000.
Qualified applicants should send cover letter, resume, analytic writing sample and three references (with phone numbers) to Human Resources, AcademyHealth, 1666 K Street NW, Suite 1100, Washington, DC 20006. Fax: 202-292-6800. Email: email@example.com. Please be sure to reference the position for which you are applying. For more information, please go to www.academyhealth.org.
AcademyHealth offers a collegial work environment, countless professional development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
AcademyHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer: AcademyHealth will provide all applicants for employment and all employees with an equal opportunity regardless of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, source of income, or place of business or residence.