University of Washington School of Public Health
Innovation Environmental Safety and Health Lead - TerraPower, LLC
Closing Date: March 1, 2019
Posted: February 1, 2019
The Innovation Environmental Safety and Health Lead is a professional position responsible for managing TerraPower’s ES&H program at a dedicated facility in Everett, Washington. This position provides general lab and facility industrial hygiene oversight, including radiological health and safety. This position also ensures that appropriate safety requirements and personnel training are implemented, in a consistent manner, across multiple experiments.
The Innovation ES&H Lead will report to the Director of Environmental Safety Health and Quality, with direction provided by the Innovation Experimental Program Manager. Close coordination with the Innovation Facility Manager as well as the TerraPower Radiation Safety Officer will be required. This position will interface with existing ES&H Engineers as well as the Director of Environmental Safety Health and Quality to maintain consistent practices between facilities, where applicable, and develop processes as needed to safely achieve TerraPower goals.Skills/Eligibility:
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or equivalent.
- The successful applicant should have a BS or advanced degree in a technical field (or equivalent) with a strong experience base in the nuclear R&D field.
- 7+ years of field experience working in a nuclear facility.
- Basic knowledge of Health Physics is required.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws, acts, and statutes.
- Radiation Safety Officer training a plus.
- Experience operating within a rigorous safety compliance program including corrective action reporting, work observation and continuous safety improvement.
- This position may require work outside of normal business hours to support specific testing needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, cross-functional team.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.