University of Washington School of Public Health
Grants & Contracts Operations Specialist - Harborview Medical Center - Madison Clinic
Part-time position, 80% hours per week
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: January 31, 2017
As the region’s only Level I Trauma center, Harborview Medical Center is well known for innovations and excellence in trauma care and its centers of emphasis: Trauma, Burn, Neurosciences, AIDS/STD CARER, and mentally and medically vulnerable populations. In addition to the centers of emphasis, Harborview serves a mission population for King County. Harborview employees are committed to the vital role the institution plays in the immediate community, as well as the entire Northwest region. HMC is owned by King County and managed by the University of Washington (UW) and serves as a training site for UW’s School of Medicine.
The UW is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty. As an employee you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs.
The Harborview Madison Clinic has an outstanding opportunity for a PART-TIME GRANTS & CONTRACTS OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (80%, Day Shifts). Under general direction of the Clinic Manager, the Grants & Contracts Operations Specialist manages grants and contracts (pre- and- post-award) administration and oversight of associated financial compliance. The person in this role must be an expert in grant and contract administration, overall financial compliance, and skilled at interpersonal communications. Administrative deliverables need to be accomplished in a timely and accurate manner. The Madison Clinic provides medical care and social services for persons living with HIV/AIDS regardless of sexual orientation, race or ability to pay. The Madison Clinic has satellite clinics located in Federal Way, Kitsap County, Olympia, and Snohomish County.
The responsibilities of this position comprise program planning, award management, financial management of grants (pre- and post-award), and financial and administrative compliance related to all grants and contracts within the Madison Clinic.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify, develop, manage, and coordinate all aspects of grant funding as one of the primary funding sources in the Madison Clinic.
- Identify new funding streams and grants for the clinic to apply for to ensure ongoing funding.
- Interface with community stakeholders, the Department of Health, Snohomish and Kitsap Public Health, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), AND, HAB (HIV/AIDS Bureau) at the federal level.
- Develop and be responsible for complex data systems to collect and report client-level data along with Quality initiatives to HRSA.
- Manage work with staff to ensure strategic goals around funding streams are met.
- Supervise Data Coordinator.
- Ensure ongoing funding of the Madison Clinic through Ryan White grants with total current allocation of $1.8 million.
Requisition Web Profile
- Five (5) years of experience in social services or public health
- Two (2) years of experience in program management with a strong preference for HIV/AIDS work.
- Significant knowledge of the management of federal grants
- Excellent grant writing and reporting skills, preferably with the Health Resources and Services Administration and HIV/AIDS Bureau.
- Excellent computer skills in all Microsoft Office Programs, database creation (Access).
- Strong analytical skills and ability to analyze and report clinical outcomes and participate in CQI Initiatives.
- Excellent budgeting skills and ability to create and navigate spread sheets.
- Experience participating in state and federal audits around grants.
Please click link below to apply.