University of Washington School of Public Health
Health Services Consultant 2 - PROJECT - Disease Intervention Specialist/EPT Coordinator - WA State Dept. of Health
Closing Date: April 7, 2017
Posted: March 7, 2017
There is one (1) opening for a PROJECT Health Services Consultant 2 (HSC 2) within the Division of Disease Control and Health Statistics (DCHS), Office of Infectious Disease (OID), Infectious Disease Prevention Section (IDPS). This recruitment may be used to fill other project HSC 2 within the unit.
This project position is currently funded through August 30, 2018. There is the possibility that additional funding could be secured through September 2018 or up to September 2019.
This position supports the Department’s mission by collecting data from persons diagnosed with sexually transmitted infections to verify that they have been treated, and facilitates testing and treatment of sex partners to diagnosed persons and contacts medical providers to collect and verify data required for priority cases.
This position also facilitates provision of preventive antibiotic therapy to persons potentially exposed to sexually transmitted infections by supporting and coordinating supply of expedited partner therapy medications statewide. Additionally, this position may participate in quality assurance projects related to STD Surveillance Network (SSuN) grant activities. This position reports to the IDPS STD/HIV Field Services Coordinator within the Office of Infectious Disease (ID).
• Collects data from persons diagnosed with sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
• Collects medical data from providers for cases and partners and document in surveillance system.
• Elicits partner information from cases and refer exposed persons for testing and treatment.
• Monitors and maintains expedited partner therapy medication inventory.
• Participates as part of the DOH emergency response team during health emergencies and training events.
NOTE: Experience may have been gained concurrently.
• A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Public Health, Health Education, Community Health, any social science, or closely allied field.
• Two (2) years technical or consultative experience in a public health or health services program.
• Demonstrated experience in the following:
o Explaining complex or technical information to others in simpler or different language appropriate to the audience’s level of understanding and appropriately sensitive to the audience’s culture.
o Building rapport with others quickly and motivating them to participate in an activity.
o Eliciting from others their concerns with an activity and providing information to counter those concerns in a way that enhances comfort and communication.
o Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information accessed or discussed in performing partner services work.
o Effectively using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.