University of Washington School of Public Health
Environmental Health Specialist I or II - Snohomish Health District
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: March 10, 2017
POSITION: Environmental Health Specialist I or II
DIVISION: Environmental Health
SALARY RANGE: EHS I - $4,174 to $5,594month, starting salary is generally $4,174 DOE
EHS II - $4,602 to $6,799/month, starting salary is generally $4,602 DOE
HOURS: Full Time – 40 hours/week
UNION: PTE – Environmental Health Unit
The Snohomish Health District is currently accepting application materials for 2 Full Time (40 hours/week) Environmental Health Specialist (EHS) I or II depending on experience and Registered Sanitarian status. This recruitment is open to all qualified candidates and will be used to build a list of applicants eligible for Environmental Health Specialist vacancies. Under the direction of an Environmental Health Supervisor, or designee, incumbent will conduct routine duties as described in the attached Position Description.
- Safe Environments/Land Use – Incumbent may work in one or more of the following areas; waste facilities, chemical/physical hazards, complaint investigation, on-site sewage systems, drinking water supplies and water recreation, as well as investigate complaints and respond to inquiries from the public.
- Food Safety – Incumbent will conduct routine inspections of permanent food establishments and temporary food events, as well as investigate complaints and respond to inquiries from the public.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution involving major study in environmental health, sanitary science, microbiology or public health or other closely related science.
- Incumbent will be considered an EHS I without work experience or
- Incumbent will be considered an EHS II with minimum 2 years in local public health department, within the past 5 years and must have current registration as a Sanitarian (RS) with either Washington State Board of Registered Sanitarians or the National Environmental Health Association.
BENEFITS Snohomish Health District provides medical, dental, vision and life insurance for employees plus dependents if elected at a cost (prorated for Part Time). Participation with the Department of Retirement Systems retirement (PERS) is mandatory. Annual leave is earned at the rate of 12 days per year (prorated for Part Time) during the first year and increases with the length of service; sick leave is earned at the rate of 12 days per year (prorated for Part Time); 10 paid holidays per year plus 2 personal holidays (prorated for Part Time).
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants must submit the following documents via email, fax or mail (incomplete applications or those missing required documents may not be considered)
- Fully completed SHD application
- Cover Letter stating how your qualifications and experience meets the requirements to fulfill the position
- Responses to the Supplemental Questions found on our website
Mail: Human Resources Snohomish Health District 3020 Rucker Ave., Suite 306 Everett, WA 98201-3900 Email: HRQuestions@snohd.org OR Fax: (425) 339-8702
Snohomish Health District is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration for appointment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliations or any other non-merit factor. Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.