University of Washington School of Public Health
Environmental Health Officer - U.S. Public Health Service (USPHS)
Closing Date: June 15, 2017
Posted: April 24, 2017
The U.S. Public Health Service (USPHS), Environmental Health Officer (EHO) General Duty Application Window will open Monday, May 15, 2017 through Thursday, June 15, 2017.
See Commissioned Corps Instruction 231.03 link to http://dcp.psc.gov/eccis/documents/CCI2_3_1_03.pdf (PDF, 112KB, 19 pages) Category Specific Appointment Standards for additional details. Environmental Health Officers are addressed in Section 6.6.
EHO applicants must meet the current EHO appointment standards:
A candidate must possess one of the following qualifying degrees or a degree and professional certification:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Environmental Health from a program accredited by the National Environmental Health Science and Protection Accreditation Council (NEHSPAC); see: http://www.ehacoffice.org/
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree in Industrial Hygiene from a program accredited by Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET): see: http://www.abet.org
- A master’s degree or doctoral degree with a specialization in environmental health, occupational health, or industrial hygiene from a school of public health accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health(CEPH): seehttp://www.ceph.org/
- A bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree in any field and one of the following:
- Certification as an industrial hygienist by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene; see http://www.abih.org
- Certification as a health physicist by the American Board of Health Physics; see http://www.hps1.org/aahp/boardweb/abhphome.html
To begin the application process, EHO candidates must call the Commissioned Corps Call Center at 1-800-279-1605 during the open application window. For additional application information, please view:https://usphs.gov/apply/apply.aspx.