University of Washington School of Public Health
Senior Biostatistician - Cancer Research And Biostatistics (CRAB)
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: August 7, 2017
Cancer Research And Biostatistics (CRAB) is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to help conquer cancer and other diseases through the application of biostatistical principles and innovative data management methods.
An exciting opportunity is available for a biostatistician to join a small but growing group focused on cancer clinical trials and related translational research. CRAB, which is located in downtown Seattle, has 85 employees and is responsible for the design, management and analysis of a variety of phase I, phase II and phase III cancer clinical trials, as well as the analysis of associated laboratory data, including microarray, SNP, and proteomics data. The successful candidate will collaborate with fellow biostatistics staff, clinical investigators and other scientists to design efficient clinical trials and determine the optimal methods for analysis of the data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Designs clinical studies in collaboration with fellow statisticians and other scientists
• Maintains knowledge of state of the art statistical methods on design and analysis of clinical trials
• Prepares tables, figures, and written summaries of study results. Interprets results in collaboration with other scientists and helps prepare abstracts, presentations and manuscripts
• Provides statistical consultation with collaborating staff and external clients
• Assists in the development of new grants and contracts
• Contributes to statistical methods research
• Gives oral presentations of study results
• Represents CRAB at scientific meetings
• Performs other miscellaneous job-related duties
- PhD in Statistics, Biostatistics, or related field
- Minimum of two years relevant experience
- Sound knowledge of applied statistics
- Proficiency in statistical computing in SAS, R, or S-Plus
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use sound judgment and diplomacy while interacting with staff and clients
- Experience in oncology
- Experience with high-dimensional data
- Biostatistical consulting experience
- Publication record reflecting statistical support of clinical investigations
This position is a full-time position and is Exempt from state and federal overtime regulations.
CRAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment authorization is required.
Travel/relocation expenses will not be provided for this position.