University of Washington School of Public Health
Market Dynamics Associate, Strategy and Learning - PATH
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: August 17, 2017
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
The Market Dynamics Program is growing rapidly and we are adding an Associate to work within PATH’s cross-cutting Market Dynamics Program as part of the Strategy Division at PATH. S/he will work with Market Dynamics team members to define problems, conduct analyses, and apply findings to address market failures that restrict access to life-saving products and interventions. Under guidance from the Director and/or Deputy Director, as well as the Market Dynamics Program Officers.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conduct and/or contribute to product, market and policy landscaping efforts.
- Conduct and/or contribute to the building and use of a range of analytic tools, frameworks and modeling approaches to help achieve goals of department projects.
- Help establish standardized tools and best practices for various types of analyses/models.
- Contribute to conducting qualitative and quantitative research and analysis for global health products (vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, and medical devices) to understand the public and private market dynamics for these products in low- and middle- income countries.
- Contribute to health impact and market size modeling for high priority technologies.
- Analyze and develop market intervention strategies for target markets in global health to inform decisions of governments, donors and other stakeholders.
- Provide support in managing project activities and timelines.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree (preferred) in Business Administration, Economics, Public Health, or equivalent advanced degree plus minimum 1-3 years of experience in market analysis.
- Technical knowledge of market analytics including:
- Building, implementing and analyzing market research studies and quantitative models to inform global or developing country decision-making, e.g., demand forecasts and impact models.
- Ability to synthesize project findings and translate into programmatic and policy recommendations.
- Demonstrated skills in balancing multiple projects and priorities.
- Proven effectiveness working in a team-based environment, but capable also of working independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and thrive in fast-paced, high-pressure situations.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally up to approximately 20% of the time.
- Experience working with healthcare products: vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, and/or medical devices (in developing countries or emerging markets preferred).
- Direct experience working in low or middle income countries a plus.
- Experience in assessing both private and public sector markets a plus.
How to Apply:
Click here to apply.