University of Washington School of Public Health
L&I Research Investigator 3 - Washington State Department of Labor & Industries
Closing Date: October 24, 2017
Posted: October 12, 2017
The Research and Data Services (RDS) program conducts a wide range of research projects that affect most all areas of the agency. This position will provide professional and technical support to its manager and supervisor in meeting the agency’s rapidly increasing needs for predictive analytics in workers’ compensation and other business areas. This position will also assist and prepare statutorily required economic impact analyses of proposed regulations.
In addition, this position will support the RDS program in conducting in-depth research studies for major internal customers across the agency, and will play a key role in building and maintaining research databases and other tools that are a valuable resource for RDS and the entire agency.
- A Master’s degree or higher education in Economics, Public Finance, Statistics, Health-Related Sciences. Or closely related field.
- Experience working with large databases in SAS, R, or other similar statistical software.
- Ability to coordinate his/hers research work with customers; independently develop research plans, structure research analysis, write professional and other request work, and present final products to customers.
- At least two publications in peer-review journals in the area of Economics, Finance, Statistics, or related Health Sciences.
To Be Considered For This Opportunity
Please attach to your application:
- Letter of interest addressing each of the bullet points under Some of What We’re Looking For listed above
- Current resume
- Samples of at least two publications in peer-review journals.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.How to Apply:
Apply at: https://www.governmentjobs.