University of Washington School of Public Health
Environmental Specialist 2 - Municipal Waste Monitoring Specialist - Washington State Department of Agriculture
Closing Date: October 26, 2017
Posted: October 12, 2017
As the Municipal Waste Monitoring Specialist, you will be working to help prevent the introduction and spread of invasive species that occurs through the transport and deposition of municipal waste by ensuring compliance with state pest and disease quarantine laws regulating the collection, transport and deposition of municipal solid waste and green waste. This project position has an anticipated duration of 6/30/2019, and reports directly to the Pest Program Manager.Skills/Eligibility:
- *Bachelor’s degree in biology, ecology, environmental science, natural resource management, or a closely related field.
- One year of professional experience in environmental analysis, environmental control, or waste management.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated history of reliability, effective time management skills, and the ability to meet deadlines set by supervisors.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships with diverse groups.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver presentations of varying scope to the public.
- Valid driver’s license to travel on official agency business which includes field work, presentations, and trainings.
Apply at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/1874358-0/environmental-specialist-2-municipal-waste-monitoring-specialist
In addition to completing the online application, applicants must attach the following documents to their profile in order to be considered for this position:
• A letter of interest describing how you meet the specific qualifications for this position