University of Washington School of Public Health
Worldwide EHS Program Manager - Amazon Corporate LLC
Closing Date: November 12, 2017
Posted: October 12, 2017
The WW Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Program Manager will be responsible to engage, collaborate and partner with Amazon businesses, geographical units and technical subject matter experts (SMEs) in EHS and other functions i.e. legal, operations, engineering, purchasing, to continually reduce risks and improve network global and regional EHS standards and procedures. This is a key program management technical role responsible for managing WW EHS programs (standards, procedures, best practices) development, training, implementation and continuous improvement projects. The role involves self-driven, independent and hands-on work in the areas of understanding stakeholder needs and expectations, EHS regulatory research, global/international stakeholder engagement, data analytics and document technical writing . Must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. The individual will be responsible to work collaboratively with SMEs, data analysts and support EHS teams globally, as well as functional business leaders.Skills/Eligibility:
Basic Qualifications · Bachelor’s Degree in safety/industrial/quality engineering, safety or other science or engineering discipline from an accredited university.
· 7+ years of increasing responsibilities in EHS, Engineering, Quality and/or Operations with an emphasis in environment, health and safety.
· Experience working as a site or plant EHS Manager.
· Certified lead auditor for OHSAS18001, ISO14001, or ISO9001.
· Experience in global/international stakeholder engagement, influencing and program or project management in multinational companies.
· 3+ years of experience in writing technical documents including procedures, policies and standards, work construction, or training materials, etc.
· Experience with US and ISO based EHS regulatory requirements.
· Able to travel 20-30% locally and internationally.
Apply through Indeed at: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=71e880d09600c0ca&from=recjobs&vjtk=1bs95fskf1d3s1r4 or through Amazon’s website at: https://us-amazon.icims.com/jobs/586925/worldwide-ehs-program-manager/job?iis=Indeed&iisn=Indeed+%28Free+Posting%29&utm_source=indeed.com&utm_campaign=cv+organic&utm_medium=job_aggregator&utm_content=job_posting&ss=paid&mobile=false&width=1243&height=1200&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-480&jun1offset=-420