University of Washington School of Public Health
Stroke Program Support Specialist (DOH3855) - Washington Department of Health
Part-time position, 20 hours per week
Closing Date: December 1, 2017
Posted: November 1, 2017
Stroke Program Support Specialist - PART-TIME (50%)
The Stroke Program Support Specialist assists with the administration of the Coverdell Stroke Program. The incumbent supports the Stroke Program Coordinator, Stroke Epidemiologist, Stroke Nurse Consultant and Principal Investigator. This position supports the agency mission by working together and providing technical assistance to program staff and stakeholders on quality improvement activities, coordination of program functions, and organization of program resources and documents.
What will you be doing? – Duties include:
- Provides technical assistance and support to Stroke Program team members and partners to coordinate and implement program activities.
- Assists the Stroke program team by participating in program evaluation and system analyses covering a wide variety of functional areas relating to stroke.
- Serves as Contract Coordinator for the Stroke program by assisting with executing and tracking contracts, deliverables, and payments.
- Assist with coordinating, planning and hosting trainings, meetings, webinars, and other events.
- Supports the program and OCHS office during staff shortages and public health emergencies.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Health Care Administration, Public/Business Administration, or closely allied field.
- One (1) or more years (full-time equivalency) of professional experience in a health services program.
- Demonstrated experience writing, editing, and proofreading a variety of documents intended for internal and external customers preferably in a government office.