University of Washington School of Public Health
Student Services Program Coordinator - UW School of Public Health
Closing Date: December 12, 2017
Posted: November 30, 2017
The University of Washington’s School of Public Health (SPH) is one of the nation’s premier schools of public health. With a growing student body of undergraduates and more than 800 graduate students, the School’s academic, research and service missions are supported by 250 voting faculty and more than 500 staff who work within five academic departments – Biostatistics, Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, Epidemiology, Global Health (joint with the School of Medicine), Health Services – and the Office of the Dean.
The School of Public Health currently has an outstanding opportunity for a PROGRAM COORDINATOR.
The Student Services in the Office of the Dean works to enhance the experience for students in the UW School of Public Health by creating a vibrant school community and providing the support and resources necessary for success. This mission is accomplished through co-curricular programming that complements students’ academics and facilitates their involvement in research and service. Areas of activity include policy development and student advocacy, student workshops and academic tutoring, community service programs, SPH-level fellowships and scholarships, and the MPH practicum. Serving as a central resource, OD Student Services seeks to supplement and reinforce the work of the departments and the community of practitioners that is their student services staff. The office provides recruitment support and acts as a gateway for prospective students through print materials, a web presence, and one-on-one advising that connects them directly with program offices. Working closely with student groups, OD Student Services staff advise and foster student leadership and engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Manager for Funding and Student Services Programs, this position serves as an integral member of a dynamic student and academic services team. The Program Coordinator will plan and implement events for students and serve as the primary contact in the Dean’s Office for prospective students. This position is responsible for all front-office functions. Specific responsibilities include coordinating event logistics, engaging with prospective students with the goal of connecting them to appropriate sources for additional information, and providing support to ensure the successful functioning of the Office. The Program Coordinator will handle financial transactions and contribute to the development and updating of resources and materials associated with the full range of programs, activities, and initiatives.
- High school graduation or equivalent AND two years of experience in a program of higher education, student affairs, and/or event planning.
- Enjoys working with a diverse student body.
- Experience with event coordination and managing conference logistics.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills and ability to work with faculty, staff, students, prospective students, and the public.
- Demonstrated experience in handling detailed and demanding work with a high degree of accuracy and composure.
- Ability and flexibility to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to meet project deadlines, organize workload, and prioritize duties in a busy environment.
- Experience providing exceptional customer service in a high volume work environment.
- Experience working with and analyzing data.
- Strong proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Washington State Driver’s License.
- Familiarity with the UW systems including Catalyst, My Financial Desktop, EARS, MyGrad, Marketo, SDB, Canvas, Prezi.
- Ability to work occasional overtime or make schedule adjustments during peak periods of activity.
- Creative, enthusiastic self-starter who has the ability to react to changing needs.
Appointment of the successful candidate to this position may be made contingent upon a satisfactory outcome of a criminal conviction history check .
How to Apply:
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Work Authorization, Criminal Conviction History, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready.
Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.