University of Washington School of Public Health
Director, Office of Nutrition Services - Washington Department of Health
Closing Date: January 7, 2018
Posted: December 21, 2017
Director, Office of Nutrition Services
Are you a transformative leader comfortable with innovation and ambiguity, who is able to problem-solve complex issues, create meaningful partnerships and work collaboratively to meet shared objectives as well as create a climate where people are motivated to do their best? Are you a leader who supports and empowers staff when making tough decisions, who is willing to address difficult issue and say what needs to be said, and who recognizes the values that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization?
If yes, we are looking for you! Come Work@Health!
Reporting to the Assistant Secretary for the Division of Prevention and Community Health, the Director of the Office of Nutrition Services (ONS) is responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing all activities of ONS. The position provides the vision and leadership to develop, administer, and support statewide collaborative efforts which support the agency’s strategic plan, comply with state and federal laws and regulations, and ensure appropriate use of resources. This position leads ONS which consists of three sections: Business Operations and Planning, Client Support Services, and Provider Support Services. The Director is responsible for a staff of 80 (6 direct reports); and for a biennial budget of approx. $180 million, which includes federal grants, interagency contracts, and state general funds.
Values of the Office of Nutrition Services:
- Integrity – We hold ourselves and each other accountable to high standards of honesty, transparency, productivity, and stewardship.
- Leadership – We recognize we are all leaders, and committed to a common purpose.
- Teamwork – We share a common purpose and succeed through effective collaboration and communication.
- Learning – We support each other to grow in knowledge and skills.
- Respect – We see each other as individuals, embrace the diversity of people and ideas, and honor the wisdom and contributions of all.
All required application material must be received by January 7, 2018. The DOH is an EOE.