University of Washington School of Public Health
Chief Financial Officier - Teton Valley Health Care
Closing Date: February 9, 2018
Posted: January 9, 2018
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for daily work duties as required for the financial management of Teton Valley Health Care. Under the direction of the CEO, this role applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. The CFO maintains accuracy and integrity of the general ledger and all associated accounts of the hospital and affiliated entities. This position compiles and prepares monthly financial statements and financial information for the Board of Trustees as well as hospital management. The CFO communicates TVHC’s mission, vision, values and department goals to all staff.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. The following statements are intended to describe the major functions of the position and should not be taken as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals assigned to this job.
- Maintains fiscal accountability for all department resources and the ability to achieve outcomes with allocated resources
- Under the direction of the CEO, plans, organizes, and administers the hospital accounting practices and procedures, the maintenance of fiscal records and preparation of financial reports. Is responsible for general accounting, budgeting and tax functions, payroll and materials management
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities and capital and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports to summarize current and projected hospital financial position.
- Prepares and compiles monthly financial statements and statistical information for presentation to the Board and management
- Completes the preparation of annual budget for the hospital and all affiliated entities
- Manages the annual compilation of the cost report, including calculating and evaluating current allocations to correctly enter expense to cost centers for Medicare/Medicaid reimbursements. Is knowledgeable of all insurance reimbursement regulations and monitors contractual agreements
- Manages the annual audit and assists the external auditors with the completion of annual financial audit for the hospital and affiliated entities
- Coordinates individual departments’ budget preparation and compliance to budgetary standards. Initiates cost containment strategies to assure operation within the confines of stated budgets
- Provides leadership and guidance to other leaders and staff in goal setting, problem solving, resource management and outcome achievement
- Collaborates with other departments to create systems, solve problems, and resolve ongoing issues that impact departmental/organizational goals and patient care delivery
- Responsible for determining, updating and implementing proper charge schedules for services rendered
- Establishes, modifies, documents, and coordinates the implementation of accounting procedures and their control based on the review and processes and system controls
- Supervises and reviews accounts payable, payroll, and financial analyst functions of the accounting department
- Oversees the daily cash management activities through the financial analysis of accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Closely monitors patient accounting, ensuring accuracy of contractual allowance accounting and reasonableness of required reserve account balances
- Defines performance objectives for the department and assesses the level of competence of staff in a timely manner
- Bank statement reconciliation for all hospital and affiliated entities on a timely monthly basis
- Coordinates with department managers for the individual departments financial reporting
- Demonstrates a commitment to a healthy work environment by modeling the desired behaviors and encouraging those in others. Maintains a clear understanding of regulations applicable to patient care and/or other department functions.
- Performs and/or supervises the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Responsible for journal entries (completion and review), review of interim statements and the timely monthly closing of the general ledger for financial reporting.
- Trains, hires, manages and disciplines or terminates staff directly responsible for the accounting functions.
- Monitors fixed assets and depreciation schedules to insure timely monthly reporting and the ability to make year end adjustments.
- Takes administrative "call" on a rotating schedule
- All other duties as assigned
- Team Leadership
- Professionalism and Ethics
- Healthcare Financial Management
- Audit and Assurance
- Corporate Reporting
This position operates in a professional office environment located within a Critical Access Hospital. This role routinely uses computers, photo copiers, and both cell and land line phones. Frequent contact with staff, patients, and community members is to be expected. Position requires a high degree of confidentiality and HIPAA compliance.
Teton Valley Health Care improves the health of our community by delivering quality, patient-centered medical services with compassion, integrity and respect. We operate in a sustainable manner, to ensure continued economic viability.
TVHC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, TVHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment or any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of TVHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.Skills/Eligibility:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent field of study and/or equivalent years of accounting/financial management experience.
- Management Experience
- Experience working in a healthcare environment
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Good interpersonal skills in dealing with community members, patients, families, and all health care professionals and TVHC staff
- Ability to correspond to inquiries or complaints from vendors, patients or general business community as well as present information in public and private settings
- Advanced knowledge in computer use; including skills in word processing, presentation, data mining, and spreadsheet applications
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience in reading, interpreting and analyzing financial reports, business reports and journals, as well as reports issued by financial and accounting regulatory agencies
- Ability to type, 10-key and proof read with accuracy and attention to fine details
- 5 years or more experience in accounting highly preferred.
- CPR/BLS Healthcare Certification
- Additional languages Spanish Preferred
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to move throughout the facility transporting files and other items weighing up to 25 pounds on a frequent basis
- Written and spoken communication skills require ability to speak, hear and see
- Critical thinking and good judgment needed to be able to follow legal processes and hospital policies
- Ability to work extended hours under high stress environments
Apply on-line: https://tvhcare.applicantpro.com/jobs/679500.html