University of Washington School of Public Health
Stormwater Programs Director - ECOSS
Closing Date: February 18, 2018
Posted: January 18, 2018
ECOSS is a diverse nonprofit organization that delivers environmental results for local people at home, at work and in their communities. Our results lead to cost savings and quality of life improvements through pollution prevention, resource conservation and environmental equity.
The Stormwater Programs Director oversees, engages in, directs and monitors ECOSS activities related to pollution prevention, Green Stormwater Infrastructure (GSI) and stormwater permit training. (S)He is a key driver in positioning ECOSS in the Green-Duwamish, stormwater and industrial/manufacturing communities. They are responsible for securing and stewarding program funding via contracts and grants, and maintaining good working relationships with partners, funders and governing agencies. They will appropriately scale existing programs and explore/develop new opportunities. The Stormwater Programs Director supervises program staff and is a member of the Senior Management Team. This is a full-time, exempt position with negotiable (32-40) hours, and is supervised by the executive director.Skills/Eligibility:
- BA/BS degree and 8 years of relevant experience, program management, related business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Cultural competency, ability to weave environmental and social justice principles into the work, and/or a willingness to learn from others.
- Proven excellence and innovation in program and/or business development.
- Proven negotiation and relationship-building skills.
- Proven ability to build and motivate teams to achieve and sustain planned results.
- Experience in training, public speaking and/or facilitation.
- Entrepreneurial, strategic and dynamic leadership style with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have a valid Washington State driver’s license and be authorized to work in the United States.
Send cover letter and resume to HR@ecoss.org. The position will remain open until filled.
For more information on this job posting visit: https://ecoss.org/jobs/stormwater-programs-director/