University of Washington School of Public Health
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer - Friends for International TB Relief (FIT)
Closing Date: February 27, 2018
Posted: February 1, 2018
Location: Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi, Viet Nam
Contract Type: Local, Full Time (100% FTE)
Duration: One year (with possibility of extension based on performance and funds availability)
Friends for International Tuberculosis Relief (FIT) is a registered non-profit organization working in the field of tuberculosis (TB) prevention and care service delivery, technical assistance, advocacy and research.
In collaboration with the National TB Control Program (NTP) and other local and international partners, we are building a comprehensive Search-Treat-Prevent TB program across three cities in Viet Nam (Ho Chi Minh City, Hai Phone and Hoi An). In the short term, we are aiming to 1) increase TB detection and treatment in key populations, such as household contacts, children and people visiting private healthcare providers; 2) provide social support and adherence monitoring options to improve TB treatment outcomes; and 3) scale up TB infection screening and treatment services. We hope these efforts will lead to declines in Viet Nam’s TB burden over the medium and long term. We currently have over 200 Android tablets in the field to facilitate direct electronic data capture using a mHealth app which is integrated with the National TB Control Program’s electronic TB treatment notification and reporting system. The program’s database is vast, having over 690,000 data points / observations after just a few months of field activities.
This program is being supported by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 program, the Stop TB Partnership’s TB REACH initiative and Johnson & Johnson. For additional information please refer to our website.
The M&E Officer will collect, validate, analyze and report data to facilitate service delivery, research and donor relations and he/she will report to FIT’s Research and M&E Director. This position will be responsible for the following activities:
- Conduct (re)trainings for health workers on use of the mHealth app and our data systems
- Coordinate data collection with a diverse field team directly employed by FIT and those employed by local partners and the government of Viet Nam
- Verify and clean data collected by the field team in real time (database management)
- Analyze data and make presentations for weekly team meetings to facilitate data-driven programming
- Develop the logic for automated reports on the mHealth app so health workers can self-direct their work
- Conduct field work to understand use of our data systems and to suggest system upgrades
- Coordinate collection of TB treatment notification data
- Learn standard methods for evaluating TB programs
- Analyze program and TB treatment notification data for quarterly donor reporting
- Facilitate operational research studies
- Occasionally enter paper-based data into our electronic databases
- Other activities requested by FIT management
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENT:
- Understanding of relational databases
- A ’numbers person’ with strong quantitative and statistical skills
- Detail oriented with exacting standards to maintain accuracy and impartiality in all work products
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Ability to balance numerous tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Experience working on health programs or health research, particularly for TB
- Proficient in a statistical software package (STATA, R, SPSS, or SAS)
- A Bachelor’s degree in epidemiology, biostatistics/statistics, economics, computer science or related fields and at least one year of relevant work experience are required
- A Master’s degree in epidemiology, biostatistics/statistics, economics, computer science or related discipline may substitute for the one year of work experience
- Fluency in Vietnamese and English (both written and verbal) is required
APPLICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- A cover letter written in English
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Photocopy of degree certificate(s) / diploma(s)
- One employment reference (Name, Phone Number, Email Address)
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION:
- By e-mail to HR@tbhelp.org addressed to Mr. Andrew Codlin
- Subject ‘M&E Officer Application’
- No later than Sunday, 27 February 2018
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Full benefits will be included in the compensation package.
All applications will be carefully considered, but only short-listed applicants will be interviewed.
If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, this means your application was unsuccessful.
FIT is an equal opportunity employer.