University of Washington School of Public Health
Senior Project Manager - Kaiser Permanente
Closing Date: April 6, 2018
Posted: March 6, 2018
School of Medicine Information
By joining the team that is designing and implementing the Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine, you will have the opportunity of a lifetime to create a medical school that will educate physicians for the 21st century and beyond and be a catalyst for change in medical education. This position will be working as a part of an extremely dynamic team of professionals supporting all aspects of the School of Medicine and the creation of the infrastructure, process, and procedures for the Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine. The team works from an interdependent model of practice and we are looking for someone who thrives in a highly challenging role within a high functioning team-based environment.
The Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine will offer more than a conventional medical education. It will provide students with the unique opportunity to be taught by exceptional foundational scientists, health system scientists, clinical scientists, and the physicians of the Permanente Medical Groups while immersed in Kaiser Permanente − one of the nation’s highest-performing health care organizations. Students will gain critical knowledge and real-world experience and benefit from unprecedented access to Kaiser Permanente’s people, data, technology, and clinical settings. This unparalleled approach, plus our deep commitment to resilience, well-being, and inclusion will create a culture where physicians are better prepared to face the health challenges of the future, while helping the nation’s diverse communities thrive. Learn more about the Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine at schoolofmedicine.kp.org.
The Senior Project Manager opportunity includes the planning and tracking of projects both (tactical and strategic), cost effectiveness, communication, risk analysis, quality assurance, team and vendor management, and implementation of highly visible, sensitive and multi-faceted projects. Identifies and resolves issues related to projects. Ensures assigned projects are delivered within scope, schedule, budget and quality levels are consistent with partner/customer expectations.
• Manages moderately complex projects or multiple simple projects
• Develops solutions that align with strategic direction and standards
• Completes components of the business case
• Negotiates agreement on project schedule and budgets
• Applies methods or recognized equivalents appropriate to the specific needs of the project/client
• Demonstrates understanding of the need to manage risk issues
• Participates in the application of the risk management process
• Develops and sustains strong working relationships with client project team staff
• Demonstrates application of approved project management methods and business methods to projects
• With guidance may convert business cases to business plans
• Develops and maintains the project plan
• May develop and execute user training plans
• With guidance coordinates the collection and validation of business requirements
• With guidance stays abreast of enterprise-wide projects and prevents or manages associated conflicts
• With guidance determines the impact of current/existing technologies on the project and communicates impact to sponsors
• Manages the overall resource capacity (supply) and scheduled work (demand) for the delivering organization including forecasting and impact assessment
• Works on assignments of diverse scope
• Generally performs within broadly defined practices and guidelines, and also modifies or suggests enhancements
• Requires planning to coordinate with other departments or resources
• Oversees transition to operational production status
• Manages project close-out activities
• Develops and conducts post-implementation review
• May participate in overseeing the transition of project team members to new projects.
• Minimum three (3) years of project management experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- Master’s degree in Public Health or related field preferred.
For immediate consideration, please visit our website at KPcareers.org/schoolofmedicinejobs for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 652347.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.