University of Washington School of Public Health
Community Health and Wellness Coordinator - Full Life Care
Closing Date: August 12, 2018
Posted: May 30, 2018
Full Life Care is a Seattle based non-profit organization committed to creating a future where adults with serious illnesses or disabilities can be supported in the community rather than living in isolation or needing to resort to institutional care.
Full Life Care is currently seeking 12 compassionate individuals to join our AmeriCorps team.
Our program hosts between 10-12 AmeriCorps members each year starting in September for a 10.5 month long service term. Full Life Care’s AmeriCorps members serve at Full Life Care locations and at our community partners in the city of Seattle and the surrounding Puget Sound region. Our members spend the majority of their time at their placement site and become valuable members at their organization. We come together at least once a month for trainings, service projects, social outings, and other events. All of our positions are full-time 40 hours a week with a typical Monday through Friday 9-5 schedule. Our team is a State/National funded program, supported by Washington Service Corps.
This is a great opportunity for recent graduates to serve full time in a health/wellness-focused non-profit setting, working directly with the community and gaining valuable professional experience.
Program Dates: September 1, 2018 - July 15, 2019
Our AmeriCorps team addresses a constellation of challenges associated with social isolation by facilitating activities that engage adults in effective, evidence based programs that promote health, wellness, and independence through increased physical activity and social connection. We place our team members in positions throughout a network of services for older adults and adults with disabilities.
Here’s just a snapshot of what our AmeriCorps members do:
- Leading art programs and community gatherings for people with memory loss or Alzheimer’s
- Facilitating health education and chronic disease self-management classes for people with disabilities
- Teaching Tai Ji Quan and other physical activity classes to older adults in senior housing programs
- Recruiting and matching volunteers with isolated older adults for companionship and friendly visits
Our open positions include:
- Community Coordinator at Alzheimer’s Association
- Behavioral Health Wellness Coordinator at Full Life Care
- Health and Wellness Outreach Specialist at Full Life Care
- Elderfriends Program Coordinator at Full Life Care
- Aging in Place Specialist at Seattle Housing Authority, Aging in Place
- Program Support Liaison at Seattle Parks Lifelong Recreation
- Community Engagement Specialist at Sound Generations
- Wellness Projects Coordinator at Senior Housing Assistance Group, Community Life Foundation
- More positions coming soon!
- Monthly living stipend of $1,307.52 pre-tax
- Education award of $5,920 upon completion of 1700 service hours & 10.5 month long term
- Health insurance up to date with all requirements of the Affordable Care Act
- Loan Deferment/Forbearance on qualified federal student loans & payment of interest accrued during service
- Subsidized childcare provided by GAP solutions inc. if qualified
- Professional work experience at a health-focused non-profit
- In-service orientation, trainings, and team activities
- ORCA LIFT bus pass
- Washington State Basic Food program (Most members qualify for this assistance program.)
- Ability to honor a 10.5 month long full time service commitment
- Must be a U.S. citizen, national, permanent resident
- Willingness to serve in a flexible service environment and take on new experiences and challenges
- A commitment to serving others, volunteer experience highly encouraged
- Experience/motivation to work with older adults, people with disabilities, and diverse populations
- Ability to lift 25 lbs or more
- College education
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to pass Washington state, state of residence, national sex offender, and FBI background checks
How to Apply:
Individuals are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Send your resume and cover letter to AmeriCorps@fulllifecare.org
Check out more information on our website.
Please Note: AmeriCorps positions are contingent upon federal funding.
Key words: Public Health, Health and Wellness, Pre-Med, Social Work, Social Justice, Healthy Aging, Health Education, Geriatrics, ElderCare, Caregiving, Care Giving, Senior services, Health Care, Healthcare, Health Promotion, Seniors, People with Disabilities, CNA, Nursing, Community Outreach, Disability, Accessibility, Speech Pathology, Caregiver, Gerontology, Non-profit, Not-for-profit, nonprofit