University of Washington School of Public Health
Medical Surge Coordinator (DOH4146) - Washington State Department of Health
Closing Date: July 22, 2018
Posted: July 10, 2018
As the Medical Surge Coordinator, you will oversee the healthcare preparedness and response effort within the Office of Emergency Preparedness and Response and is designated as the preparedness specialist for healthcare and medical surge response. You will provide planning expertise, agency representation, and coordination with internal and external stakeholders regarding healthcare preparedness and response. Additionally, you will manage multiple contracts with organizations directly or indirectly supporting healthcare preparedness and response.
The work performed will be guided by the US Department of Health and Human Services Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response Hospital Preparedness Program’s Healthcare Preparedness Program grant guidance, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Office of Public Health Preparedness Response grant, and the DOH grant application work plans. You will be integral in coordinating the work of the DOH throughout the cooperative agreement period.
The mission of the Office of Emergency Preparedness and Response (EPR) is to strengthen all-hazards preparedness capabilities and build strategic partnerships to minimize the health impacts the people of Washington experience resulting from major emergencies and disasters.
About DOH and our Employer of Choice Initiatives
Washington State Department of Health (DOH) works with federal, state, tribal, and local partners to help people in Washington stay healthy and safe. Our programs and services help prevent illness and injury, promote healthy places to live and work, provide education to help people make good health decisions and ensure our state is prepared for emergencies.
DOH is a great place to work and has implemented several "Employer of Choice" initiatives, including:
- We are committed to diversity and inclusion. DOH fosters an inclusive environment that encourages all employees to bring their authentic selves to work each day. We strive to hire, develop, and retain a competent and diverse workforce that is reflective of the customers we serve.
- We have an engaging Wellness@Health program which offers programs that support healthy behaviors and work/life balance. Our program provides wellness education, access to healthy food, physical activity classes, stress relief, and many other resources to support a healthy you.
- We support a healthy work/life balance by offering flexible/alternative work schedules, and mobile and telework options. (Depending upon job duties.)
- We are making exciting steps towards modernizing our workplace by providing motivating and inspiring workspaces that promote creative thought, innovation, and collaboration among co-workers.
- We have an Infant at Work Program that is based on the long-term health values of breastfeeding newborns and infant-parent bonding. Eligible employees who are new mothers, fathers, or legal guardians can bring their infant (6 weeks to 6 months) when returning to work. (Depending upon job duties and work location.)