University of Washington School of Public Health
Occupational Hygienist - FIELD HSE
Closing Date: September 16, 2018
Posted: August 24, 2018
FIELD HSE, a division of FIELD Engineers, has been providing health and hygiene; safety; and environment technical and consulting services to industry since 2009. Headquartered in the Bowen Basin, with offices in Mackay and Brisbane, FIELD HSE has a proven track record of service delivery to clients in the mining and extractive industries, education, health, ports, heavy engineering and sugar industries.
Our growth has created the opportunity for an experienced Occupational Hygienist to deliver consulting services to our client base in central and north Queensland regions. This position is based in our Mackay office. Mackay is a vibrant regional city that is one of the premier access points to the Great Barrier Reef.
About the job
FIELD HSE maintains a practitioner approach to the delivery of occupational hygiene service. As part of a small team, you will perform a range of roles from technician level to complex analysis. You won’t find yourself desk bound if you join our busy consultancy office.
Reporting to and working closely with the FIELD HSE Operations Manager, you will provide timely, client focused consulting services to identify, evaluate and manage or eliminate health and hygiene risks. You will gain satisfaction through helping our clients deal with emerging heavy industry health hazards.Skills/Eligibility:
- excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills with a focus on building client relationships;
- an analytical approach with a high level of attention to detail;
- problem-solving and operational decision making skills with the ability to operate effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- an understanding of practical conditions in industry and the ability to apply workable solutions;
- 5 years’ experience working as an occupational hygienist or senior occupational hygiene technician with consulting experience highly regarded;
- undergraduate degree in occupational health and safety, applied health or environmental sciences (or similar).
Email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Want to know more?
For more information about the position call David Corbett or Moyea Maclean on 1300 854 782 or visit our website www.fieldhse.com.au to learn more about FIELD HSE’s services.