University of Washington School of Public Health
Research Coordinator - NYU School of Medicine Department of Population Health
Closing Date: October 15, 2018
Posted: August 27, 2018
The New York University School of Medicine’s Department of Population Health (DPH) is a dynamic environment of excellence, innovation and growth with faculty across a wide range of disciplines including behavioral and social sciences, epidemiology, health services research, evaluation, biostatistics, and medical ethics with a particular focus on health equity.
Within the DPH, the Policy and Program Evaluation (PPE) group is responsible for designing and implementing external evaluations of national and local programs. The PPE group is comprised of three experienced faculty members who work on a broad range of substantive areas including health disparities, access to health care, chronic illness, obesity prevention, and the health and well-being of vulnerable populations (e.g. homeless, youth). The PPE group employs diverse research methodologies, including qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods study designs.
The Research Coordinator provides administrative and research support and will have a central role on our team as s/he will be involved in multiple projects and must be able to contribute to all aspects of the work. The Research Coordinator will work closely with NYU faculty and staff. The successful candidate will have a high degree of professional maturity, commitment to excellence, independence, flexibility, and initiative, and will possess the ability to work collaboratively with diverse individuals, teams and populations both internally and externally.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create new IRB applications as needed and oversee existing/approved IRB protocols, including submitting annual continuing reviews, submitting reports on protocol deviations or adverse events, and submitting modifications to the existing applications when needed.
- Collaborate with PIs on the development of interview protocols and survey instruments
- Manage recruitment efforts.
- Support the PIs in the development of data collection procedures and coordinate data collection efforts.
- Assist with data management and data quality monitoring, including data cleaning using SPSS, Stata or another statistical software program.
- Conduct statistical analyses (including tables and graphs) for research/evaluation projects under the direction of the PIs and/or consulting statistician.
- Participate in the development of publications and conference presentations, including conducting literature reviews and creating tables and other data visualizations.
- Provide support in developing, editing, and formatting abstracts, manuscripts, reports, academic posters, and presentations.
- Prepare standard progress reports for research sponsors.
- Conduct literature reviews for abstracts, manuscripts, and grant proposals.
- Maintain all files related to studies in progress.
- Coordinate regularly scheduled research team meetings and take and distribute meeting notes.
- Coordinate other meetings, conference calls, and site visits with collaborators and consultants as necessary.
- Provide administrative support including ordering supplies, arranging travel for study team members, ordering and distributing participant incentives, processing staff reimbursements, and submitting invoices for subcontractors and vendors.