University of Washington School of Public Health
Consultant - Manatt Health
Closing Date: November 17, 2018
Posted: September 11, 2018
Department: Manatt Health
Position Title: Consultant
Office Location: San Francisco, CA
Note: Only accepting candidates who are expected to receive their graduate degree in 2019
Manatt Health integrates legal and consulting expertise to better serve the complex needs of clients across the healthcare system. Combining legal excellence, first-hand experience in shaping public policy, sophisticated strategy insight, and deep analytic capabilities, we provide uniquely valuable professional services to the full range of health industry players. Our diverse team of more than 160 attorneys and consultants from Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP and its consulting subsidiary, Manatt Health Strategies, LLC, is passionate about helping our clients advance their business interests, fulfill their missions, and lead healthcare into the future. For more information, visit https://www.manatt.com/Health.
Manatt Health is seeking highly qualified Consultant(s) to join our growing team. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a nationally recognized healthcare strategy consulting team and work with clients who are passionate about improving healthcare.
Consultants will work directly with Manatt Health’s senior leaders and play a key role in the development of business strategy recommendations for our clients. Consultants work on a broad range of substantive areas including: payment and delivery system transformation; healthcare reform implementation; hospital, health system and academic medical center operations/strategy; strategic planning services; Medicaid policy, redesign and innovation; Medicare program elements; health IT strategy; and pharmaceutical market access, coverage and reimbursement strategies.
Specific responsibilities include quantitative and qualitative research on health care business and policy issues, presentation creation and design, development of strategic solutions, and assistance with monitoring federal and state health policy actions, health care provider markets, and other emerging healthcare trends. Preferred candidates will have strong analytic skills assessing market, financial, and operational data; with a demonstrated ability to analyze this data to generate descriptive statistics, conduct more complex analyses that address strategy and policy questions, and develop financial pro formas.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in business administration, public health, public administration, public policy, health administration, economics, or health care management from a leading institution.
- 2-4 years of substantive experience in the healthcare industry with demonstrated interest in and enthusiasm for healthcare issues and trends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a variety of settings and media.
- Strong computer skills, including expert-level knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidates must complete their advanced degree by Spring 2019.
Join the Team:
All candidates must apply through our online application portal. Required application materials include a cover letter, transcripts and writing sample (2-3 pages from your academic or work experience where you are the sole author - - examples include policy memo, briefing memo, issue brief, or market/competitive analysis).