University of Washington School of Public Health
Outreach & Enrollment Specialist (Bilingual preferred) - WithinReach
Part-time position, 40 hours per week
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: September 19, 2018
Job Title: Specialist, Healthy Connections
Supervisor: Coordinator, Healthy Connections
Position: Full Time
Date of Description: September 2018
WithinReach makes the connections Washington families need to be healthy. We strive to be dynamic in both our policies and our programs, providing our employees with a supportive environment in which to work, as well as opportunities for growth and advancement. We offer a flexible work environment and an excellent benefits package.
At WithinReach, we strongly believe intercultural competency is critical for our work to be effective and to create lasting change. Diversity in all its forms is integral to our workplace culture and our ability to make the connections Washington families need to be healthy. It is reflected in who we are, the families we serve, and the organizations and communities we partner within our work. Through intentional learning efforts, we focus on fairness and equity within and outside the organization. This focus strengthens our organization and contributes to our impact in Washington State.
Position Summary: This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) within our direct-service team. WithinReach is often the first point of contact for Washington families and individuals seeking information about public benefits and local resources. Bilingual Outreach & Enrollment Specialists serve as a conduit between families and resources over the phone via WithinReach’s Family Health Hotline. We use web-based integrated databases and connect families to food assistance, child development programs, health insurance, and other local community resources.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide program information, eligibility screening, application assistance, and follow-up support to clients.
- Inform families about core, state benefit programs including but not limited to WIC, Basic Food (food stamps), child development resources, health insurance, and other community resources.
- Track client interactions and deliver resources in a client management system.
- Process client applications for assistance programs via phone and online.
- Provide friendly, informed and responsive customer service.
- Willingness and ability to obtain Navigator Certification through the Washington Health Benefit Exchange within the first 3 months of employment. WithinReach will provide the necessary training to pass the certification exam.
- AA in health and human services or related field, BA preferred
- 1-3 years of experience working directly with low-income families
- Bilingual speaker preferred (Spanish or other language speakers are encouraged to apply)
- Familiarity with Washington State programs such as Basic Food, Child Development resources, WIC, and Medicaid.
- Ability to assess client needs to provide appropriate information and referrals by telephone.
- Excellent listening, communication, and problem-solving
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with people of diverse cultural, ethnic, linguistic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Effective time management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to manage responsibilities independently and work with limited supervision, as well as in a strong team environment.
- Ability to listen to information while collecting and inputting data into client management systems.
Salary & Benefits: $18.50 Hourly Rate, Full-Time, 40 hours/week. Excellent benefits include fully paid medical coverage, vision, and dental for employees and generous coverage for spouses, partners and dependents. Paid time off and employer-matched retirement plan.
Job Location: 155 NE 100th Street, Suite 500, Seattle, WA 98125
How to Apply:
Send Résumé and Cover Letter to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Open until filled.
WithinReach is an equal opportunity employer focused on cultivating a diverse workforce that serves and reflects our community. All interested individuals are encouraged to apply.