University of Washington School of Public Health
Site EHS Manager - Amazon
Closing Date: October 26, 2018
Posted: September 26, 2018
The Site EHS Manager will be responsible for partnering with a site operations team in a Fulfillment Center to execute company safety policies and ensure compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations. By leveraging lean principles and kaizens, you will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our Associates. A successful Site EHS manager will demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the Operations Team and inspire change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis.
The Site EHS Manager must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. You will instruct and train Operations Leaders in Amazon safety policies and assist the operations site teams in incorporating our safety standards at their site. You will work to identify best practices and incorporate these standard methodologies into our standards to continuously improve the safety landscape. The Site EHS Manager will possess excellent safety program knowledge as well as environmental and ergonomic knowledge and be able demonstrate this expertise when working with Operations.
The Site EHS Manager will lead a team of hourly safety team members: EHS Specialist, Safety Coordinators, Onsite first aid Associates. You will create and execute leadership development plans for your Safety Associates on the team. They will communicate safety team expectations and give frequent and appropriate feedback to their safety teams and ensure they are executing the core competencies of an Amazon safety professional.
- 3+ years of growing responsibilities in safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations.
- Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
- Experience leading multiple direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in safety, environmental, ergonomics or a related field required, or 2+ years Amazon work experience
- Must be flexible regarding shifts.
- Distribution Center or Manufacturing Safety experience with mix of exempt and non-exempt employees at a site of at least 250 people preferred.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization
- Certified Safety Professional preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort collaborating with site leaders.
- Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and the use of pivot tables and the development of charts and graphics.
- Ability to manage multiple sites/remotely.