University of Washington School of Public Health
IH Intern - Seacast Inc.
Closing Date: November 1, 2018
Posted: October 1, 2018
One of our internship partners, Seacast Inc., has 2 internship opportunities open in Seattle and Marysville. These internships will start in Fall Quarter. Qualified interns will be graduate or undergraduate students with prior IH and Occupational Safety coursework.
If you are interested, please view the below description and email Hayley Leventhal (email@example.com) for follow-up steps.
Reports to Corporate EH&S Manager
Works in conjunction with EH&S Department on investigations involving worker injuries, worker exposures and environmental compliance issues
- Does IH monitoring for the following components
- Noise Dosimetry
- Noise level monitoring (standard and octave band)
- Audiometry evaluations and report summaries
- Silica exposure potential
- Respirable and nuisance dust monitoring
- Welding fume monitoring
- Hexavalent Chromium monitoring for welding and melt operations
- Heavy metals monitoring in finishing, melt and heat treat
- Other types of IH and Environmental monitoring as needed to meet permit requirements
- Writes evaluation and exposure monitoring reports for the sampling and analysis done for the above listed contaminants and more
- Describes corrective actions in a manner that is understood by the respective audience to whom it is being given
- Reviews and files reports dealing with worker injuries and follow-up
Email Hayley Leventhal (firstname.lastname@example.org).