University of Washington School of Public Health
IRB Board Support Specialist - Quorum Review IRB
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: October 16, 2018
The Board Support Specialist is responsible for coordinating IRB activities, including assignment of Meeting Agenda Items via the Board App, , drafting Board Meeting Minutes (including ability to summarize complex discussions), finalize Meeting Minutes, and maintaining and updating IRB member records. This position also is responsible for the Site Visit process (Board directed and annual). This position will also offer general administrative support.
Coordination of Board Activities
- Maintain Board Member availability and monthly schedules for Meeting attendance
- Assist Members and Consultants with questions regarding expenses and stipends
- Coordinate Site Visit Program
- May update monthly department budget
- May manage department credit card
Maintenance of Records
- Maintain detailed Board member files
- May assist IRB Manager with Reappointment Process
- Assign Board Member presenters for Meeting agenda items
- Create and distribute Board Meeting Pre-review reports to Board Member Attendees
- Process late submissions for Board Meetings
- Attend IRB meetings and use meeting recordings to prepare draft minutes of IRB meetings
- Prepare revised meeting minutes as necessary
- Finalize Meeting Minutes per current process
- Other duties as assigned
Who You Are:
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- 2+ years of administrative support and coordination
- Effective written communication skills, including ability to summarize complex discussions
- Detail oriented and demonstration of flexibility with changing priorities
- Clinical Research Industry experience preferred
Who We Are:
Our workplace environment offers an informal office environment, open door policy, and strong mentorship from existing staff and management. Our office is in downtown Seattle close to shopping, restaurants and Pike Place Market and our customers are across North America.
We offer competitive pay for this position along with an excellent benefits package. We have employer-paid medical, dental, vision coverage; and subsidized health insurance for families and domestic partners. We offer a competitive PTO plan, plus 8 paid and 4 floating holidays. Our retirement savings 401(k) plan is matching up to 4% and we provide commuter transit benefits with an Orca card or parking subsidy. Additional benefits include the Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program.
Quorum Review is one of the largest Independent Review Boards in the US. Our review ensures the safety and well-being of people participating in clinical trials. We are passionate about the services we provide and proud of the customer focus that has grown our business. We are a progressive and growing company in Seattle and have developed an excellent reputation for quality and service. As an industry leader, Quorum is preferred by research organizations for our friendly, prompt customer service, high standards, and quality documentation.
To learn more about our company please visit: www.quorumreview.comOpens a New Window..
Quorum Review is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. To request reasonable accommodation for the application process please contact Human Resources.