University of Washington School of Public Health
Safety Officer 1 (Part-Time 50%) - Washington State Department of Health
Closing Date: January 16, 2019
Posted: January 11, 2019
As the Safety Officer 1, you will help support the implementation of programs to create a safe, secure and healthy workplace for Department of Health (DOH) employees. Our facility designs strategically support our people and the work they do. Our facilities are safe, clean and energy efficient and our business services meet the highest standards of environmental and fiscal stewardship.
Our Lease Management and Workplace Design Team provide support in the following ways: Lease management, space planning, workplace design, ergonomics, building alteration, move coordination, space utilization and reporting. The Safety Officer position is part of the Lease Management and Workplace Design team and will lead implementing and administering an ergonomic program.
This is a part-time (50%) permanent Safety Officer 1 position.
- Option 1: One (1) or more years of experience working with the following:
- Occupational safety and health program.
- Accident prevention, body dynamics or similar types of programs.
- Ergonomic program.
- Electronic systems for safety and security/accident prevention.
- Option 2: Two (2) or more years of educational experience in occupational safety, health, nursing, body dynamics, or closely associated field.
- Two (2) or more years of experience managing a database and developing reports to inform decision making.
- Demonstrated experience examining data to identify trends, patterns and thinking critically to determine solutions to problems.