University of Washington School of Public Health
Postdoctoral Fellow - Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: January 17, 2019
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
Center for Asthma Research
The Center for Asthma Research at Vanderbilt University Medical Center invites applications for a Postdoctoral fellow researcher. We are seeking a candidate with desire and interest in pursuing a career in pharmacoepidemiologic research. The individual should ideally have experience in broad aspects of human studies, data management, and statistical analysis. Experience in either asthma or pediatric studies would be helpful, although not essential. The ideal candidate will a) independently and collaboratively conduct research projects within a dynamic, extramurally-funded and productive epidemiologic and clinical research program focused on asthma prevention within the supportive infrastructure of the Center for Asthma Research, b) write and develop manuscripts and grant proposals, and c) aide in data management and analysis.
Experience and knowledge in the coordination of human studies and/or observational epidemiologic investigations is essential. Successful candidates should have a PhD, or expect to gain a PhD (or equivalent degree), research experience, strong analytic skills, data management and programming experience, some grant writing and development experience, and excellent organizational, writing and communication skills.
- Background and interest in human or epidemiology studies, particularly in disease prevention, comparative effectiveness research, or therapeutic treatment evaluation.
- Strong research, analytical, critical thinking, organizational, data management, programming, manuscript and grant writing and communication skills.
- Ability to organize complex data and familiarity with SAS, STATA, R, and REDCap.
- Proactive and flexible demeanor with ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- Ability to remain goal-oriented and keep investigative team on track.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate.
Competitive salary will be provided. Vanderbilt University is one of America’s premier private universities and ranked Fortune’s "100 Best Companies to Work For," and Nashville, Tennessee is among Business Week’s top 15 “America’s Best Cities”.
The application packet should include: (1) cover letter, (2) curriculum vitae, (3) letter outlining current research focus and relevant experience, and the names and complete contact information for three potential referees. Please submit Inquiries or an application to Salisha Marryshow (firstname.lastname@example.org), referencing Asthma Research Postdoctoral Fellowship Position. The search team will begin considering applications immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Vanderbilt is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.