University of Washington School of Public Health
Online Executive MPH Program
Two-year, primarily online (partial distance) MPH for working professionals who are tackling today’s major health challenges. Expand your evidence-based knowledge in program development and evaluation, research methods and health promotion and education. Learn the basic disciplines of population health, biostatistics, epidemiology, environmental health, health management and policy, and social and behavioral health. Transform your practice and research experience. The discussion is rich, the completion rate is 85%, and 92% of graduates surveyed reported a positive effect on their careers.
Career settings include public health, community health, laboratories, government (local-international), community clinics, hospitals, health maintenance organizations, voluntary health agencies, private practice, industry and other health settings. Careers paths include administration, analysis, epidemiology, data management, health education, management, program evaluation, research, oral health, pharmacology, and insurance.
At a Glance
In addition to applying to the Online Executive MPH, applicants need the following:
- A minimum of two years' experience in public health, community health, or health-care
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- A satisfactory grade-point average (3.0) in the last graded 90 quarter/60 semester hours
Online Executive MPH Program students are experienced, committed health professionals - administrators, physicians, nurses, dentists, health educators, and program directors, managers, coordinators, evaluators, researchers - from a variety of settings, including city, county, state and federal agencies, community clinics, hospitals, health maintenance organizations, voluntary health agencies, private practice and industry. All have at least two years experience, with the average student having nine.
Concurrent Option: MPH/DVM (WSU), MPH/PA (UW MEDEX)
Application Deadline: Priority Deadline: January 15; Regular Deadline: April 30; Now accepting applications on a rolling basis for Autumn Quarter entry
Online Executive MPH Program Website
Prospective Student Inquiries:
Student Recruitment Specialist
Application and Current Student Inquiries:
Student Services Adviser
Upon satisfactory completion of the Online Executive MPH degree, graduates will be able to:
- Meet the generic SPH learning objectives for the MPH degree;
- Meet the Core-Specific Learning Objectives for all MPH students;
- Assess community health problems and make recommendations to address these problems through community collaboration;
- Identify determinants of access and delivery of health services; use this information to design strategies to improve the availability of health services by drawing on health sector and non-health sector resources;
- Manage, and use data to continuously improve, health programs and services; and
- Design and conduct studies of effectiveness, efficiency, and outcomes of programs, interventions, and policies aimed at improving the health of individuals, populations, and/or communities.