Healthy people in sustainable communities – locally, nationally, and globally.
The UW School of Public Health is dedicated to
- education to prepare outstanding, innovative, and diverse public health leaders and scientists;
- research to advance public health science and policies; and
- service to promote the health and well-being of communities locally, nationally, and globally.
Integrity • Collaboration • Impact • Innovation •
Diversity • Equity • Excellence • Stewardship • Courage
- Adhere to the highest standards of objectivity, professional integrity, and scientific rigor.
- Nurture creative, team-based, and interdisciplinary approaches to advancing scientific research and knowledge, and improving population health.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of our efforts, assessing if we have made a difference and learning from our experiences.
- Create innovative approaches to educating and inspiring students and to answering important public health questions.
- Embrace and build on diverse perspectives, beliefs, and cultures to promote public health.
- Promote equity and social justice in defining and addressing health and health care.
- Recognize our school-wide strengths and the contributions of our faculty, staff, and students.
- Practice careful stewardship of the trust and resources invested in us.
- Bring courage, passion, and perseverance to advance public health principles in policy discourse.