So you’ve decided to pursue a career in public health. What’s next?
STEP 1: DETERMINE YOUR PROGRAM OF INTEREST
Before you apply to the UW School of Public Health, carefully review each department and degree program to find the one that is best for you. The School has 5 departments: Biostatistics, Environmental & Occupational Health Sciences, Epidemiology, Global Health, and Health Services; offering many MPH, MS, MHA, and PhD degree options.
STEP 2: KNOW YOUR DEADLINE
Application deadlines vary by department, program, and degree track. Find your degree for an overview, and check with your department's program.
STEP 3: KNOW YOUR APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Application requirements vary by department, program, and degree track. In general, you will need to submit the following:
- Online Application through the UW Graduate School
- Official transcripts from ALL college-level institutions attended
- GRE and other appropriate standardized test scores
English proficiency test score (TOEFL or IETLS), if applicable
- Three letters of recommendation
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Personal Statement
- Your department, program, or degree track may also require additional materials.
- General Admissions FAQs (UW)
- International Applicant FAQs (UW)
- Graduate Non-Matriculated Students (UW)
STEP 4: APPLY ONLINE
By this stage, you have chosen your department and degree program. You know your deadline and have gathered all the required application materials. It’s time to apply.
For details on how to apply to the Graduate School, go to: grad.uw.edu/admissions/
To begin your application, go to: grad.uw.edu/admissions/apply-now/
Once you have been admitted, learn about funding resources for your education.
Contact email@example.com if you are having trouble locating contact information for the adviser in your department or program of interest.