Resident Advisor (RA) Epidemiologist - Dexis Professional Services (DPS)
Dexis Professional Services (DPS), a wholly-owned, independently operated business unit established in 2016 to provide support services to United States Government (USG) agencies that were previously provided by the parent company, Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis). Committed to excellence in institutional support and staff augmentation, DPS draws on the parent company’s 15+ years of experience fielding domestic and overseas technical, operational, professional and managerial staff for various USG clients.
DPS seeks an experienced Resident Advisor (RA) (Epidemiologist) to support its International Technical, Operational, and Professional Support Services project with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in Ukraine. The Resident Advisor will support the CDC Field Epidemiology Training Program (FETP) to develop a cadre of Ministry of health (MOH) field epidemiologists so that they are available for strengthening surveillance and outbreak response throughout the country. The FETP RA will help the Ukraine MOH develop and strengthen the country’s capacity to prevent, respond and contain disease threats.
The Resident Advisor will:
- Assist the MOH with recruiting and selection of FETP-Advanced residents;
- Serve as the primary teacher and trainer of FETP-Advanced residents, including mentoring and providing guidance to residents and the MOH during outbreak investigations;
- Accompany residents on field investigations;
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation of FETP activities through field visits to ensure that residents are achieving their competencies while providing service in their field placements;
- Design and coordinate classroom training to include working with an academic institution when the program has an academic partner; ensure that field placement supervisors are given appropriate field epidemiology training and provide ongoing monitoring and support to residents in the program;
- Work with the MOH to provide oversight for and assistance with planning for logistics, funding, training, and mentorship with FETP;
- Assist in the preparation and management of the FETP budget and provide periodic reports to CDC, the MOH, and funding partners as required;
- Serve as liaison between CDC the MOH, and funding partners, providing leadership, direction, and technical expertise to, the host country ministry of health.
- Collaborate with the MOH and funding partners on data and information sharing.
Anticipated Travel: Travel duration may vary by one to two days.
- Six (6) trips for 7 days each to the different oblasts (regions) within Ukraine.
- Masters level professional degree in academic fields related to health or allied sciences in human or veterinary medicine, or zoonotic biology.
- Graduate from a Field Epidemiology Training Program (FETP), Epidemic Intelligence Service (EIS), or European Programme for Interventional Epidemiology Training (EPIET) OR at least two years’ experience in one of the previously mentioned programs and 2 years of experience working in the field as a practicing epidemiologist.
- Knowledge of WHO standards and policies such as the Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response strategy (IDSR) and International Health Regulations.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the functionality of surveillance systems at national, sub national, local and community levels of the health systems in country.
- Experience in preparing and facilitating trainings for in-service public health workforce development initiatives.
- Experience in coordinating multi-agency public health programs at regional, national, sub national, local levels.
- Experience with teaching education strategies to include:
- Problem based education techniques
- Instructional design
- Teaching epidemiology and public health statistics
- Public health management and program design
- Ability to effectively conduct communication and advocacy in public health evident by prior publications.
DPS is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.
Need help finding the right job?