Informatics Project Coordinator - National Environmental Health Association
The mission of the National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) is to advance the environmental health professional for the purpose of providing a healthful environment for all. Be part of an organization that supports thousands of members committed to ensuring that the air we breathe, the food we eat, the water we drink and play in, and the homes and buildings we live and work in are all safe to enjoy. Since 1937 NEHA has been at the crossroads wherever human health and the environment intersect. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, through grant and membership support, NEHA works with partners such as the EPA, CDC and FDA on critical and diverse issues such as climate change, food safety, water quality, preparedness and more. With over 5,000 members and a growing staff of 30 employees we work to fulfill our mission by setting standards of excellence for the profession through our credentialing program; by providing opportunities for education and training at our annual conference as well as through online and in-person courses; and by providing advocacy through our Government Affairs Department. Our headquarters is located in the Denver area.
About the Position
The Informatics Project Coordinator executes informatics related tasks for project deliverables on a variety of environmental health topics in the Program and Partnership Development Department. This position serves as a subject matter expert in the area of informatics to other departments in the association. The Project Coordinator will engage with a diverse audience and multiple stakeholders and represent the association in partnerships, meetings, and events. Occasional travel will be required.
Bachelor’s degree in environmental health or public health with at least three years of professional experience in public health informatics. Master’s degree in environmental health, public health, data science, informatics, or related degree with at least two years of professional experience in environmental health, preferred.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND TRAITS
- Minimum one year of experience in project coordination or management.
- Familiarity with public health informatic systems.
- Experience collecting and utilizing data.
- Understanding and experience with relational databases.
- Facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Experience prioritizing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to assess stakeholder and end-user information needs.
- Possess a learning spirit and strong integrity.
- Committed to the NEHA Mission.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Marissa Mills, HR Manager, at email@example.com.