ACTG LOC Fund Manager - UCLA CARE Center
The Department of Medicine’s Division of Infectious Diseases is engaged in the management of the AIDS Clinical Trials Group (ACTG), a cooperative group funded by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), and other collaborating NIH Institutes and Centers, as well as industry partners. The ACTG is an international, multicenter clinical trials network to advance therapeutics in HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and viral hepatitis. This operation requires coordination of a research and clinical trials infrastructure that includes the fields of virology, immunology, pharmacology, mycobacteriology, specimen banking, clinical trials design, clinical trials data management, and new drug and laboratory testing regulatory affairs.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for assisting in the maintenance of the financial responsibilities of the ACTG Leadership and Operations Center (LOC) for the Network. Under minimal direction, the financial analyst will perform financial management for all accounts in the UCLA ACTG to include:
- Compile and analyze fiscal information to be used for preparation of the ACTG’s annual budget.
- Prepare financial reports, monthly statements, overdraft reports, and design and maintain on-line and manual financial reporting systems.
- Analyze personnel and financial information, define problems, formulate logical solutions, develop alternative solutions and make recommendations.
- Complete bookkeeping transactions and prepare various related forms.
- Perceiving and Defining cause and effect relationships between expenditure rates and budgetary projections.
- Prepare complex calculations including algebraic equations and forecasting.
- Administer multiple complex accounts from federal and private agencies.
- Manage a heavy workload with constant interruptions, changing priorities and competing demands.
- Analytical skills to assess financial information, practices and procedures, define problems, formulate logical solutions, develop alternative solutions and to make recommendations.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex financial problems.
- Skill in perceiving and defining cause and effect relationships between expenditure rates and budgetary projections.
- Mathematical skills to prepare complex calculations including algebraic equations and forecasting.
- Skill in analyzing information to discover errors and to formulate and initiate corrective actions.
- Ability to track and project expenses to specific end date.
- Skill in the administration of complex multiple accounts from federal and private agencies.
- Ability to manage a heavy workload with constant interruptions and changing priorities and to ensure completion of all work in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate ability to use MS Windows, Ms Excel, MS Word , Adobe Acrobat software packages to perform word processing, database management and spreadsheet analysis.
- Demonstrate ability to use spreadsheet and database software to analyze, design and write financial system programs on an IBM computer system.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with University faculty and staff, as well as with people from non-University entities, to effectively and efficiently solve problems and function as part of a team.
- Ability to use judgment when dealing with confidential or sensitive information.
- Demonstrate knowledge of University Purchasing, Material Management, and General Accounting policies and procedures.
- Verbal skills to clearly and concisely convey complex information to faculty and staff.
- Knowledge of the University’s extramural fund and gift tender process.
- Skill in organizing and maintaining accurate, up-to-date bookkeeping records on-line.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining alpha/numeric files.
- Reading skills to comprehend University policy and procedure manuals.
- Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction.
- Skill in writing concise, logical and grammatically correct business correspondence.
Please apply through the UCLA Health Careers website and forward resumes and cover letters to Else Henry at firstname.lastname@example.org.