Senior Site EHS Manager - Amazon
This position will be based in one of the Continental US Regions (West, Midwest, Northeast or Southeast) and is not a specific opening.
The Senior Site Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager will be responsible for partnering with site level operations team in the site are assigned to in order to execute company EHS policies and ensure compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations. By leveraging lean principles and Kaizen events, this individual will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our associates. The Senior Site EHS Manager must demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the operations team and influence change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis.
The Senior Site EHS Manager must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. This individual must instruct and train operations leaders and site EHS professionals in company EHS policies and assist the regional teams in incorporating our safety standards at their site. The Senior Site EHS Manager will be required to identify best practices and incorporate these best practices into our standards to continuously improve company safety policies. Must possess excellent safety program and relevant safety, environmental and ergonomic knowledge and demonstrates this expertise when working with operations.
The Senior Site EHS Manager will be responsible to lead a team of safety managers and safety professionals at a site. This individual must create and execute leadership development plans for their team. This individual must communicate safety team expectations and give frequent and appropriate feedback to the safety teams and ensure they are executing to the core competencies of an Amazon safety professional. This individual must also demonstrate the ability to judge and assess safety talent and select appropriate bench strength to current and future business needs.
- 7+ years’ of increasing responsibilities in safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations.
- Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
- Experience leading change in multiple site environment and managing multiple direct reports.
- BS/BA in safety, environmental, ergonomics or a related field required
- Written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with Directors and VPs
- Develop and implement department goals and strategies based on broader organization goals.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
How to Apply: