Communicable Disease Supervisor - Snohomish Health District
NOTE: This position is open until filled, with a first review date of December 4, 2018. Full job description available online.
Under direction of the Prevention Services Assistant Director or designee, this position supervises the agency’s Communicable Disease Surveillance and Response programs, provides consultative and technical assistance on communicable disease issues, and serves as a liaison to community partners and internal cross-purpose teams in support of the Snohomish Health District (district) endeavors.
This incumbent is responsible for program supervision including personnel, contract deliverables, and fiscal data for quality, efficiency and appropriateness. Incumbent provides oversight of the 24/7 Communicable Disease response requirements at the district.
Education and Experience Required:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a health related field such as nursing, biology, or epidemiology; and
- Experience: Four (4) years of progressively responsible and relevant professional Public Health experience, including two (2) years of communicable disease control or closely related field, and a minimum of one (1) year of supervisory/management experience
Or: In place of the above experience or education discipline requirement, the incumbent may possess any experience which would demonstrate the individual’s knowledge, skill, and ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above.
Licenses, Certifications and Other:
- Registered Nurses must have a valid Washington State registered nurse license
- A Master’s degree in Nursing, Public Health, Epidemiology, or other closely related discipline, preferred.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s license or ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire and a driving record which meets the requirements of Snohomish Health District’s insurance carrier
- Background check pursuant to RCW 43.43.830