Research Project Manager/Senior Research Project Manager - Vaccine Safety and Effectiveness - Kaiser Permanente
- Manages all aspects of a medium to large scale research study and two (2) or more small to medium-sized studies or two (2) to four (4) medium to large studies.
- Develops and implements study protocols/ operation manuals.
- Monitors progress of study activities (e.g. data collection and validation, recruitment, pilot studies, focus groups, etc.) and ensures that study objectives are met.
- Contributes to high level discussions with funding agencies and research teams from other organizations.
- Prepares progress reports independently and/ or collaboratively.
- May participate in the training of new team members and/or clinical staff.
- Ensures that all staff administrative requirements and certifications are complete and current.
- Identifies staff training needs and resources to address needs.
- Assists in the creation and dissemination of staff development materials.
- If assigned to clinical trial, will work with Sponsors/ monitors at clinical sites.
- Adheres to compliance and privacy/ confidentiality requirements and standards.
- Adheres to GCP and compliance regulations for clinical trials.
- Oversees data collection and conducts data analysis. Implements quality control and quality assurance measures.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of KP systems and databases.
- Makes decisions for day-to-day operations of projects including the resolution of technical problems and questions from project staff.
- Collaborates with Sr. Research Project Managers and Unit Manager to facilitate Unit operations.
- Negotiates and manages time commitments and resources.
- Interfaces with IRB and drafts IRB protocols, amendments, continuing reviews, etc.
- Supervises and manages the day-to-day activities of project staff including evaluating performance and conducting regular and annual performance meetings.
- Mentors, develops and trains staff.
- Conducts hiring and disciplinary actions in partnership with the Unit Manager.
- Provides consultation to investigators and project coordinators on staffing and staff-related concerns.
- Forms project team(s) and responsible for staff resources.
- May provide leadership and direction to multidisciplinary project teams.
- May co-author scientific papers with the investigator for presentation and/ or publication.
- Creates professional presentations and presents at professional/ scientific meetings.
- Serves as a member and may provide leadership on department or study-related committees.
- Prepares, manages and balances project budgets.
- Seeks to develop cost effective ways to manage study resources.
- Assists investigators in developing and preparing grant proposals by contributing to portions of grant proposals.
- May contribute to development of study methodology.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in a healthcare and/or research setting to include management responsibility.
- Minimum four (4) years of leadership experience to include two (2) years of direct personnel management experience.
- Master’s degree in public health, health care administration, epidemiology, or related field, OR six (6) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience developing and presenting professional reports and presentations to senior-level audiences.
- Experience developing and managing budgets, preferably research project budgets.
- Ability and/or experience in developing and implementing research instruments.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- The Project
Manager will provide support to studies conducted by the KPSC Center for
Vaccine Safety and Effectiveness Research.
- Studies may
include Phase IV vaccine post-marketing studies, studies of vaccine safety
or effectiveness, epidemiologic studies of vaccine preventable diseases,
and vaccine coverage and compliance studies.
may include the oversight and coordination of work of junior staff members
and providing staff mentorship, training and support.
collaborate with the Scientific Program Manager to facilitate vaccine and
safety effectiveness research.
will provide support and required documentation for each performance area
to ensure projects track efficiently and on budget.
- Travel to
various regional medical centers and collaborating institutions for data
collection and meetings may be required.
- Evening and
weekend work may be required.