Health Services Consultant 2 - Washington State Department of Health Refugee Health Program
The Opportunity - HSC2 in Refugee Health Program, WA State Dept of Health
Reporting to the Refugee Health Supervisor the Health Services Consultant 2 is a part of the Office of Communicable Disease Epidemiology (CDE).
The Health Services Consultant 2 will organize, consult and communicate with key stakeholders involved in refugee health projects in Washington State, supporting refugee health surveillance activities and performing lead case management activities.
This is a part-time (60% time) project Health Services Consultant 2 position located at the Public Health Laboratories in Shoreline, WA. This position is currently funded through September 30, 2019 and funding application for renewal occurs annually.
- Enter all paper copy records of Refugee Health Assessment Forms into Refugee Health Database.
- Manage paper-copy Refugee Health Assessment Forms including scanning and filing.
- Coordinate with TB Program Electronic Disease Notification Coordinator and screening clinics regarding record transfers.
- Organize bi-annual refugee health meetings with stakeholders including agenda development, logistics, scheduling and materials.
- Organize bi-monthly Tricounty New Arrivals Working Group meetings, including agenda development, logistics, scheduling, and materials.
- Manage community meeting listservs.
- Compile the weekly Refugee Health Round-up and distributes to partners.
- Maintain refugee health website for DOH Refugee Health Program, including annual review of content, document management and content management per DOH policies.
- Develop, plan and coordinate training for refugee health stakeholders including clinicians, resettlement agency case managers and refugee health screening clinics.
- Receive phone calls and emails for Refugee Health Program and responds directly or ensures that they are routed to appropriate person for response.
What we’re looking for:
The ideal candidate is a team player, defined as having a driving passion for the work, bringing humility to their job and personal interactions, and excited to work with diverse stakeholders and communities.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health or allied field.
- Two (2) or more years of experience working in public health or a related discipline.
- Master’s degree in Public Health or a closely allied field.
- Beginner-level experience in using MS Access for data entry.
- Intermediate-level experience in using MS Word to create, format, and edit tables, columns, and charts; import data and sort table data; insert and format sections, and create headers and footers.
- Intermediate-level experience is defined as using MS Excel to create and manipulate large or complex spreadsheets, use complex mathematical formulas to calculate data, and link worksheets; import data from other sources, filter lists, and create and format charts and graphs.
More information: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/2318954/health-services-consultant-2-part-time-60-time-project-doh4360