Positive Family Connections (PFC) Manager - African Community Housing and Development
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Highline School District, particularly Midway Elementary School, Cascade Middle School, and Mount Rainier High School
- Develop and maintain relationships with parents and families in the Waterview Crossing Apartment community, including recruiting of parents and youth to participate in the program
- Collaborate with Associate Director and Program Director to develop and implement curriculum to help parents and children build social connections with teachers and others in school
- Work closely with case management staff to provide one-on-one case management and support for families participating in the program
- Lead training parents and families on implementing and running key leadership and listening opportunities, including workshops and community cafes
- Provide information to the Program Director, Associate Director, Executive Director, and Grants Manager to support researching and writing grants, building relationships with funders and corporate donors, responding to RFPs and RFQs, and general fundraising activities
- Work with the Program Director, Associate Director, and Executive Director to implement Board decisions as needed
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.Skills/Eligibility:
Education and/or Experience:
This candidate should have 2 years of experience in an education setting. Bachelor’s degree in education or public health preferred. Ideal candidates will also have a background in public health with an emphasis on social, emotional, and mental health for families of diverse backgrounds.
Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel and Office.
Fluency in English and one or more of the following required: Somali, Amharic, Tigrinya, or Swahili.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly required to sit at a desk for long periods of time, as well as stand and be on their feet for long periods of time during community events. Occasionally required to lift heavy materials.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly in an office setting. Travel within south King County required to attend community meetings, workshops, and events.