Community Health Worker - Consistent Care
We are seeking to hire two individuals from this posting. A daytime(9a-5p) and evening time(3p-11p) Client Advocate.
Responsible for performing tasks, designated by an RN case manager, for patients with complex medical and social needs to optimize patient health across the care continuum. Performs duties over the telephone and in person at variable locations, to meet the patient “where they are” such as patient homes, homeless shelters, hospital rooms etc. This is an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of some of the most vulnerable in our community. A passion for helping others and creative out-of-the-box problem solving skills are strongly encouraged.
· Works directly with patients and their families to address social determinants of health including; transportation, housing, and food security.
· Makes home visits to patients at place of residence or other facility frequently to provide support and education.
· Works closely with RN Case Manager (supervisor) to ensure patient needs are met.
· Communicates with medical staff, social workers, and families at hospitals, clinics, telephonically, etc.
· Arranges or provides transportation for patients to provider appointments.
· Frequently attends medical and social service appointments with patients to eliminate barriers.
· Outreach and communication with community partners
· Daily census review follow-up phone calls with documentationSkills/Eligibility:
· Valid WA driver’s license, and car insurance
· Must have own transportation and be willing to transport clients in your own vehicle (mileage reimbursed)
· Comfortable working with clients who may have mental illness and/or substance use disorder
· A demonstrated comfort level working with people & situations that can feel frustrating, unclear, & seemingly hopeless; Ability to work with a positive attitude in stressful situations.
· Ability to work independently with minimal direction
· Basic computer skills
· Medical Assistant certification
· Nursing Assistant Certification
· Awareness of community resources
· On an occasional basis, may be required to remain in stationary position >50% of the day.
· Sit/Stand/Walk in combination inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
· Sit/Stand/Walk in combination outside the office to access vehicles, client houses, hospitals, etc.
· Constant use of upper extremities for Computer, office machinery and driving.
· Frequent communication via phone, fax, email and in person for coordination of care, outreach, etc.
· Must be able to observe and assess clients in their personal living space.
· May lift up to 20lbs on a seldom basis.
· Outdoor, local travel and driving is part of the role, therefore, weather exposure is a given.
For an employee to succeed in this position they will need to be able to have time management skills, adapt to changing schedules, and contribute to problem solving when needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $23.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Multiple locations
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19