Special Projects Manager - Whatcom County Health Department
Apply early for first consideration!
Applications will be reviewed and interviews scheduled as applications are received.
Recruitment will be suspended once the position has been filled.
The Whatcom County Health Department is seeking a Special Projects Manager to serve as a key member of their leadership team.This position supports the COVID-19 response effort through effective project management.
Key duties include:
- Oversees and coordinates multiple projects related to the COVID-19 response. Responsible for detailed project planning through implementation. Independently assesses needs. Researches, analyzes, develops, and implements recommendations to achieve management goals.
- Collaborates with incident command, other communicable disease leadership, and other external and internal stakeholders to achieve goals and objectives. Ensures effective and efficient communications and workflow.
- Provides skillful problem-solving and technical assistance for activities and identifies and addresses areas for continuous quality improvement.
- Oversees and coordinates case and contact investigations, public health guidance, facilities outbreaks, prevention, isolation and quarantine, and provider support.
- Develops measurable workplans, coordinates activities across divisions and programs, establishes data collection plans, reports key performance measures, and provides direction to subject matter experts.
- Maintains compliance and completes necessary reporting for all grant-based activities.
- Oversees training and day to day direction for staff and volunteers.
- Plans, conducts and presents at project related meetings, including public meetings.