EHSS Compliance Specialist - Opportunity for Remote (Location Negotiable) - Wilbur-Ellis
Do you possess up to five years’ experience in EHSS or related field and ambition to solve difficult problems with elegant solutions? Are you detail-oriented and highly organized? Are you experienced in regulatory compliance including state and federal EPA, DOT, and DHS? Do you have a knack for identifying process improvement opportunities? Can you collaborate in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment? If you said yes to these questions, we’d like to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
Wilbur-Ellis is seeking an EHSS Compliance Specialist position to support the EHSS compliance and reporting needs of the Company.
The overall purpose of the EHSS Compliance Specialist position is to support the EHSS compliance and reporting objectives of the company. This position is tactical in nature; daily interaction with internal reporting tools - JD Edwards, MicroStrategy Business Intelligence, and Microsoft Excel. Frequent interaction with state and federal reporting databases including California Environmental Reporting System (CERS), US EPA Central Data Exchange (CDX), and EPCRA TIER II Reporting Portals. Frequent communications with regulatory agencies including state and federal EPA, California Unified Program Agency inspectors, State and Federal TIER II contacts, and Department of Homeland Security (DHS). This position will support global operations for the Wilbur-Ellis group of companies including all divisions. Position may require up to 50% travel initially, and up to 30% travel after the first year.
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables:
- Document, maintain, and improve the SARA Title III Compliance Program, State and Federal
- Document, maintain, and improve the DHS Compliance Program
- Document, maintain, and improve the Hazardous Materials Spill and Release Reporting Program
- Respond to compliance reporting inquiries from Wilbur-Ellis branches in a timely manner
- Assist with preparation and submittal of annual reports; Hazardous waste, Stormwater, FIFRA, SARA Title III, Air Quality
- Assist with obtaining and maintaining environmental permits for air, stormwater, and hazardous waste
- Assist with the upkeep and maintenance of the Environmental Document Library and Compliance Calendar
- Support hazardous waste disposal projects as needed including waste profiling and vendor coordination
- Support Process Hazard Analysis events for PSM/RMP covered facilities
- Support the EHSS Central Services Lead position as needed
- Support the Company’s continuous improvement efforts by assessing current job-specific processes and recommending improvements
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences, Chemistry, or related field preferred
- Up to five years of experience in Environmental Consulting, Health, and Safety, or related field
- Proven skills in time management, problem-solving, and multi-priority workload management
- Ability to communicate with thoughtfulness and tact; above-average customer service skills
- Fundamental chemistry knowledge and experience in EPA and DHS hazardous chemical reporting
- Hazardous materials governance familiarity; SARA Title III, DHS, RCRA, OSHA, DOT, TSCA
- Above average abilities with Microsoft Office Suite programs, and Microsoft SharePoint
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Intrinsic interest in EHSS, technology, math, sciences, and problem solving
- Proven ability to build positive working relationships through collaboration in a heavily matrixed environment
- Ability to collaborate in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Excellent communicator including interpersonal, written, and verbal
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated with a sense of urgency