Associate/Assistant Research Scientist - University of California San Francisco’s (UCSF) Program on Reproductive Health and the Environ
The Assistant or Associate ResearchScientist, Science & Policy in the Program on Reproductive Health and the Environment(PRHE)is responsible for contributing substantive science and policy work to an innovative academic program on research translation focused on environmental health at the University of California, San Francisco.The position is within the Department of obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences.Skills/Eligibility:
• Demonstrated written and oral communications skills and ability to communicate with scientists and non-scientists.
• Demonstrated expertise in environmental health sciences, public health, occupational health, epidemiology, toxicology, or other related field.
• Applicants must possess a doctorate degree or its equivalent in a relevant environmental health field and must be familiar with epidemiology, risk assessment and/or exposure assessment.
• Familiarity with or strong desire to learn systematic review methods in clinical sciences or environmental health.
• Advanced knowledge of statistical data analysis methodology and computational skills using R, SAS, STATA or equivalent.
• Expertise in a epidemiology, risk assessment and/or benefit cost analysis
• Publication track record in the peer-reviewed scientific literature.
• Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities and projects.
• Desire to learn about science-policy work and demonstrated commitment to lifelong learning.
• Commitment to public health advocacy and advancing scientific knowledge.
• Ability to work well with others and desire to work on collaborative projects.
• Knowledge of, and practice in, environmental health science and policy in the United States.
• Experience in public health advocacy.
• Knowledge of risk assessment and/or benefit cost and other quantitative analysis methods for environmental health
• Familiarity with systematic review methods.
• Demonstrated success in securing funding through academic, foundation, NGO, or government grants.
• Experience with social media and usage in an academic/ professional setting.
• Familiarity with animal toxicity testing or human epidemiology studies.
• Familiarity with 21st Century testing approaches, including in vitro methods or testing approaches.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional- Example of Peer Reviewed Publication and Research Translation Writing Sample (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)